WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tudor PO1 - dead?

1K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  thx67 
#1 ·
After social media passed sentence and sent the PO1 (or "POS", in some places - point of sale presumably) to the stockade, the PO1 has sunk without trace. Is this proof of the direct power of socialmedia influence over products and services??

It's a good thing. Bad services should be drummed out of town, and so should products, if they will only appeal to a minority (and the cost of producing them shared around the MAJority).

#2 ·
So you’re saying we should all only be allowed access to things that majority agrees on? Or what social media decides is popular? And for the record, I am not a fan of that particular Tudor. But no one is pointing a gun to my head to buy one either. Just because I don’t like it, doesn’t mean it others should not be able to. And if it is true that it is a dog now, it may be that elusive collectors item in 25 years 😀

#4 ·
So you're saying we should all only be allowed access to things that majority agrees on? Or what social media decides is popular? And for the record, I am not a fan of that particular Tudor. But no one is pointing a gun to my head to buy one either. Just because I don't like it, doesn't mean it others should not be able to. And if it is true that it is a dog now, it may be that elusive collectors item in 25 years ��
I'm trying to rationalise the wider opinion of watches that take deep criticism - should they exist? Since if Tudor didn't produce unpopular watches they would divert manufacturing facilities to popular models and drive down cost (and hopefully, price). Just saying.

Good point about the wait list :) - but surely not for this model considering the treatment it got !!

#9 · (Edited)
I hope social media isn't that influential. I'd much rather believe major marketing decisions are being made by professionals rather than those sitting on Facebook, criticizing products they haven't seen yet.

If the decisions are made just by the Fanboys, how would Tudor make anything other than a variant on the Blackbay...oh wait.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

#11 ·
I dont think social media itself is responsible for the hate surrounding this watch. I would say that Tudor didnt help themselves by teasing the triangle in their social media posts and showing a Tudor sub in their new year message with the caption being something like "coming soon" and then releasing the PO1. Social media thrives on spreading/sharing info so these photos and video would have attracted customers who DO want a sub or sub lookalike so it definitely back fired on them as those sharers kept checking back for news. I admire Tudor for trying to be different but to my eyes that PO1 is a bit too different. It looks like its trying too hard to be a heritage watch. Having said that, they produced the North flag which is certainly different in terms of design, spec and performance but it didnt sell in anything like the numbers that the black bay did. I hope Tudor keep releasing new watches and dont just sit back on their ever expanding BB range. I love my BB incidentally, but theyre in danger of diluting the range as they seem to be sticking the BB name on everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.