update on crystal
Like Tree8Likes
  • 5 Post By wolfie1
  • 1 Post By RandM
  • 1 Post By Paulsky
  • 1 Post By Jason71

Thread: update on crystal

update on crystal

Just wanted to follow up and say the seller and I have reached an agreement. He is going forward funds to have the inside of the crystal cleaned by my watchmaker.

Thought the community and the seller would appreciate the follow up.

mav

Re: update on crystal

Happy it ended well.
    ♛ Rolex | Ω Omega | IWC | Zenith | Tudor | Seiko
    @aguynamedtommy

I am glad things worked out for you. In the public/general form I have droned on about how I believe using the friends and family option for purchasing goods from a stranger is theft of services. I will never do it because for whatever amount I save, it does not equate to the value of my professional license. I also try to be honest in all of my endeavors and try to be a good example for my daughters.

You illustrated that by using the friends and family designation leaves you bare in a high dollar transaction.

These forums are chock full of wonderful people. However, take every precaution you can in an arms length transaction. It just makes life a little easier when the unforeseen happens.

Finally, there are legitimate differences of opinion. My idea of pristine may differ from yours. However, sellers need to stand behind their watches and make things right. I have done partial refunds for watches that developed problems shortly after the sale to cover shipping and service. Unless expressed to the contrary, there is an implied warranty that we are dealing in running watches without any bizarre problems like you dealt with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Paulsky likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by wolfie1 View Post
    Just wanted to follow up and say the seller and I have reached an agreement. He is going forward funds to have the inside of the crystal cleaned by my watchmaker.

Thought the community and the seller would appreciate the follow up.
    Excellent! Now relax, and try to enjoy your new aquisition; you have a nice piece there.

Glad to hear it. I recently had a problem with timekeeping on a piece I bought from a reputable seller, and he’s paying to get it regulated. This is how reputations are built and maintained.
    Also, re using the Family and Friends option on PayPal, I did it once with someone I hardly knew and it worked out. But I will never do it again unless I’m dealing with a seller I know well and have dealt with before.
    draperfish likes this.

What a great compromise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the follow up.
    5959HH likes this.
    Best Regards,
    Jason

Thread Information