Vintage Tudor Ranger...your comments please
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Vintage Tudor Ranger...your comments please

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Vintage Tudor Ranger...your comments please

I have opportunity to buy this Tudor Ranger. I would be interested in your comments.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Vintage Tudor Ranger...your comments please

Without knowing the seller, the look of the movement, the history, or the price, it's hard to say. If it's authentic and decently priced, I prefer it to the bloated modern Ranger.

Seller is reputable. I am interested in evaluations of dial, hands, red date wheel, market value for authentic piece, etc.
    Last edited by Wmcghee; 3 Weeks Ago at 20:40.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

More pictures of the inside and out in high resolution are required to consider your question.

However, I would suggest that if you came here under the impression that we would be able to help you, based upon the one image that you have provided, then you do not know enough, at this stage, to be considering purchasing a vintage Tudor Ranger.

The Ranger is often copied / messed with and I wouldn’t touch one until I had spent a great deal of time reading up on the different variations, as well as reviewing images of confirmed legitimate examples. It is a minefield out there and you need to be very careful that you don’t get blown up.

I am confident that movement is original and serviced. Please let me rephrase my question....based upon the supplied photo, please comment on dial, hands, lume, red date wheel and offer your thoughts on market value. Thanks in advance.

No one is going to do that. Very few could if they wanted too based on that 1 photo. Larger, hi-res pictures of the complete watch including macros of certain places such as; inside and outside case back, between both lugs, and good shots of the crown would be needed before anyone would be willing to say anything on the watch. Got it?

As for being confident the movement is original and serviced, so what? Almost all of the value on a real Ranger is based on everything else that is not the movement, or it’s service history.

That said, from the one picture I can say I don’t like the look of any the hands, red date wheels are always a red flag, and why is the crown in that position?

If you are looking to buy the watch based on that one crumbly photo, don’t. If you are expecting people to help you to any large degree based on what you have provided, don’t be surprised if they don’t.
    Last edited by Strela; 3 Weeks Ago at 20:13.
    Стрела

Russian Watch Forum, Rolex & Tudor Watch Forum, & Pilots’ and Military Watch Forum Moderator

Thanks to those that have responded. I appreciate the guidance. Here are a couple more...

Name:  812A38F9-1462-4E1F-B0E7-5098B4D8987F.jpeg
Views: 67
Size:  3.28 MBName:  D35D645D-8499-4C3A-AA4F-9D0CFF29BCBE.jpeg
Views: 59
Size:  2.37 MB

It seems you're looking for reasons to pull the trigger and buy the watch, despite the sage and reasoned advice offered here about the potential deficiencies not visible in the provided pictures.

If what you want is a Tudor Prince Date in reasonably nice condition and price is right then by all means buy this watch.

But, if you're being charged a premium for what is being presented as an authentic vintage Ranger, then you're taking a chance.

Define your objective and decide. You're an adult. It's your money. The watch looks nice, at least to me. But an authentic vintage Tudor Ranger with an elevated price? Maybe not.
    Triton9 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information