WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

What is the current lead time on a Tudor BB58?

10K views 68 replies 28 participants last post by  Stellite 
#1 ·
I placed an order through my AD back in late April, and I still haven't heard back. At the time, my AD told me to expect 2-3 months before the watch arrives. Its is coming up on 4 months.

I just visited my AD again, and they said that Tudor had problems with the movements, and they don't expect to receive any more BB58s until November.

Has anybody that ordered their BB58 in April received their watch yet? Or have you heard the same thing with the movements?

#3 ·
I preordered back at the end of June and was promised by the year end.

#4 ·
Got on a list yesterday and today. I've heard 10 months, and possibly 2 - 3 months.

#11 ·
My advice is to go and see several AD's in person. Talk to them and go on the waitlist for each.

With any luck one of them will see that you're serious and give you a call when one arrives.

I was waiting 3 and a half months at my local AD, but one that was quite a drive away got me it in 3 weeks. It would have been sooner had I been willing to settle for leather.

#24 ·
Last week, a local UK AD had two '58s available in the window, one on leather and the other on the bracelet. When I expressed my surprise, he said that he expected supply to improve over the next few weeks, with 3 - 4 examples coming in each month. Mine took two weeks from placing my deposit back in December.

#25 ·
Fingers crossed! Been saving for a black bay for quite awhile! I'm antsy lol

#27 ·
I'm on 5 lists now.. Everything from a few weeks to a year. I haven't put any more down yet. One AD said they require full payment, and said it could take up to a year.. Sounds a bit silly to me.. I feel like I'm seeing rumblings of this better and hopefully supply is catching up.

#35 ·
Just to share my experience in Toronto...

I've visited 3 AD's and called about 7 AD's within the driving distance to inquire about BB58 on steel bracelet. All of them said there is a long wait list. Three of them said they can't add me to their list beacuse they suspected that the wait is one year or longer. Seven of them did put me on their wait lists (who knows if it's genuine) but seem to suggest a wait list of 10+ people.

Few of the AD's suggested me to get the one with leather or the nato strap since the wait for those models would be a lot shorter. In the end, I placed an order for the one with leather with an AD that is most conveniently located for me. Apparently, I will get the next one coming. I will decide once I get the watch whether to order a bracelet separately or not.

To be fair, almost every sales associate I intereacted with was very professional and somewhat apologetic. No shaking head or scoffing like some people seem to have experienced at Rolex ADs.

p.s. There is one AD in Ontario that has a model on the leather strap... Too far for me, but PM me if you are interested in knowing which AD.

#37 ·
I think that's a good strategy too. That is unless you feel the watch would be incomplete without the bracelet. I've never cared for bracelets so when one popped up while visiting Europe, I jumped on it. The leather bracelet it came with isn't bad. But it is so comfortable on the Crown and Buckle NATO strap or the rubber strap that I have no intention of using anything else.

#43 ·
I would have eventually visited Ernest Jones, Beaverbrooks, Goldsmiths etc etc if excitement hadn't got the better of me and put a deposit down in the first one I entered.
Do you think it's the luck of the draw on the buyers part or are some AD's better than others ?

#44 ·
Might as well go on as many lists as you can provided they don't ask for a deposit or its refundable. I did check Fraser Hart's was before I paid it. I was told paying the deposit would move me up the list from about 14th to 3rd. I was 17th on Ernest Jones' but that arrived for me before I'd even moved on the Fraser Hart list!

So yes, either some ADs are luckier in terms of their allocation, or they ignore the list, or you can also be lucky with unresponsive buyers in front of you (or a combination of all 3!).

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

#49 ·
I was told paying the deposit would move me up the list from about 14th to 3rd.

I hadn't heard of having an option before.A good way of gaining an advantage

I had a look in Ernest Jones in Southport but their selection of Watches looked like H Samuel's.
Funny. I was told the deposit would get me from 14th to 3rd as well by Fraser Hart. They never managed to get the watch for me though. Ernest Jones came good - the one in Cheapside, London obviously stock better watches than the Southport branch.

#48 ·
I was on 4 waitlists in the Wash DC area for over 3 months. Every time I called to check the AD would basically laugh at me. Decided to go the private dealer route and my boy DavidSW sourced me a mint condition bb58 with papers purchased back in May 2019. I couldn't be happier. Check DavidSW if you want one bad enough and buy a lightly used with papers and warranty. Impulsive yes, but well worth it.

#50 ·
I've ordered a BB58 in a UK AD july 16th. with a 10% deposit. Was told the waiting time was 2-3 months. August 23rd i was notified by email, that the watch was ready to collect in the store.
So only month and a half waitingtime for a BB58 on bracelet which i think is quite fast.
Was told in Denmark and in Norway that the waiting list would be 1 - 2 years.

#51 ·
I picked up a BB 58 bracelet model out of the window in Beaverbrooks, Trafford Centre UK last week, it was sat there with a nato version alongside. I asked how come it was there and they just said "cancelled order" and it had just been put in an hour ago.

Not sure what happened to the idea of ringing down the list but I was too busy getting my Visa out to worry!

I flipped my previous one at RRP and kept the GMT, a decision I quickly regretted and this is now a great low maintenance daily which happens to look epic and wear effortlessly.

#52 ·
Can you get in trouble for being on too many lists?

I was talking with another Tudor fan on IG, and he basically said that the AD's pass your details to the manufacturer and if you come up on more than one list, you are blackballed. And this is done to avoid people buying up stock and selling grey market.

Considering the AD's have nothing more than our names and phone numbers, and occasionally our email all written down on a spiral bound notebook I find this a little hard to imagine.

#53 ·
Sounds like nonsense to me. As far as I know, lists are AD specific.

Can you get in trouble for being on too many lists?

I was talking with another Tudor fan on IG, and he basically said that the AD's pass your details to the manufacturer and if you come up on more than one list, you are blackballed. And this is done to avoid people buying up stock and selling grey market.

Considering the AD's have nothing more than our names and phone numbers, and occasionally our email all written down on a spiral bound notebook I find this a little hard to imagine.

Reactions: ross2187
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.