What do you guys think about the different dial variations of the OP?
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: What do you guys think about the different dial variations of the OP?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Banned

What do you guys think about the different dial variations of the OP?

I really love the simple design of the OP. What do ya'll think about all the dial variations of it. Personally, I seem to enjoy the Rhodium color scheme the most but I'd love to hear yall's opinions. And if you own an OP, why'd you choose that particular version of it? Looking forward to hearing yall's thoughts. Cheers!

Re: What do you guys think about the different dial variations of the OP?

I prefer the black and white stick dials of the OP39 that IMO have better dial symmetry than the other color variations.

Quote Originally Posted by 5959HH View Post
    I prefer the black and white stick dials of the OP39 that IMO have better dial symmetry than the other color variations.
    Me too. I also like that they don't even have the little numbers on the chapter ring, just ticks and squares. I prefer the white, with black a close second. I don't like having different indices at 3-6-9 on the Rhodium, and the contrast between the hands and the dial is a bit less. Even so, I put the rhodium in third place, with blue fourth and red grape fifth among this year's dials.
    Diced and Paulsky like this.
    Is it time for another coffee?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I chose the OP for a number of reasons:

I wanted a white dial in my collection, something classic I could wear with anything

I didn’t want a date

I didn’t want a Mercedes hand

I wanted fully lumed indicies.

When Rolex released the new white and black Oysters I was very intrigued. It looked to be my perfect Rolex. Once I tried them in person and realized how light, thin, and comfortable they were, I was sold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    my positive feedback - search "omega1300" in the feedback forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Diced View Post
    I really love the simple design of the OP. What do ya'll think about all the dial variations of it. Personally, I seem to enjoy the Rhodium color scheme the most but I'd love to hear yall's opinions. And if you own an OP, why'd you choose that particular version of it? Looking forward to hearing yall's thoughts. Cheers!
    From the OP 39 I would appreciate if they extended the full stick dials to the other colours.
    Additionally, adding the green olive green colored version of the OP 34 (with full lume and no orange pips) would create a very desirable piece.
    Then, for me, between the blue dial or the olive dial would be difficult.

Regarding the OP36 they could get rid of the double batons
    Diced likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by greedy View Post
    (from the "can't please everyone" shelf) -- I like the double batons, though. I think they'd help me read the time with less chance of mistakes, which I've done on watches that have identical hour markers.

I kinda wish that the blue 3-6-9 dial would be available on the OP39 size, but 36 is a great size for me, too.

And I'm glad that the OP39's options range from sporty-fun to clean-businesslike. I've suggested that this is Rolex's model range that's intended for buying an assortment of colors to keep in your drawer to match whatever you're wearing that day. Inexpensive, no date to set, not as clunky as a Sub or Daytona, and more colorful than an ExpI.
    One-Seventy and Diced like this.

I love the blue OP39 (and bought one recently) with black a close second. But since am looking for an Explorer 1 I thought they were to close in style, so blue for me. I prefer the blue of the DJ 41, but hate the cyclops, so that limits my choices.

Love the OP 39, wish I’d bought it sooner.
    Diced likes this.

+1 loose the double batons. Right now the white op39 is really going to be my next watch. That being said, if they removed the double baton and went with the white/black dial OP39's symmetric layout on ALL OP39 AND OP36's dials and colors I would be reconsidering ALL of them.
    Diced likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BarracksSi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by greedy View Post
    (from the "can't please everyone" shelf) -- I like the double batons, though. I think they'd help me read the time with less chance of mistakes, which I've done on watches that have identical hour markers.

I kinda wish that the blue 3-6-9 dial would be available on the OP39 size, but 36 is a great size for me, too.

And I'm glad that the OP39's options range from sporty-fun to clean-businesslike. I've suggested that this is Rolex's model range that's intended for buying an assortment of colors to keep in your drawer to match whatever you're wearing that day. Inexpensive, no date to set, not as clunky as a Sub or Daytona, and more colorful than an ExpI.
    I totally understand your point of view.
    And the price difference between the different sizes is negligible so it comes to a size preference, thus the more choice the merrier. It was just my thought that they got the colours right, namely the silver version and then I personally do not appreciate the baton detail.

I atually believe that a OP36 with full stick dial would overlap with the DJ36 too much, there may not be much interest in that.
    The same way that I do not think that we are going to get a DJ41 with olive dial (a combination available in WG).

I agree with the last paragraph and add that the OP would be “nice” also as an only watch (more than the Explorer I in my opinion)
    Diced likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BarracksSi View Post

As good a summary as I've read. The lack of lume at 12 goes some way to orienting the dial in the dark, but all else considered it's better to have something you can see rather than relying on something you can't. I liked the OP39 when it came out, but not so much the 3-6-9 lume sticks and contrasting coloured bits. By the time the black-n-white came out, buying any kind of steel Rolex had become all but impossible, without paying the grey tax.
    BarracksSi and Diced like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information