What if 2020 brings a slimmer sub? - Page 5
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: What if 2020 brings a slimmer sub?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Re: What if 2020 brings a slimmer sub?

I personally prefer slimmer lugs - so I would welcome this!
    JCB43 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Frakis View Post
    I would welcome slimmer lugs on the Submariner case.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frakis View Post
    I personally prefer slimmer lugs - so I would welcome this!
    Ok, we get it.

You have 100 posts now, so you can stop with the rubbish speed posts and sell something already...

Quote Originally Posted by Gunnar_917 View Post
    ^^ tells the truth on Internet forums
    So many watches, So little time...
    So many watches, so little time...

Quote Originally Posted by samanderson View Post
    Thanks for all the replies. There is a lot to think about there, and some points of view that I’d not considered.

My main issue is that I don’t love the sub-c and would prefer a slimmer case. I started a thread recently wondering about modding a 14060m with hands and dial from 114060 because I like the maxi hands and dial but not case.

So my fear is that I would buy the sub-c, then see a slimmer version released but with the elements I like from the current model, want to sell mine to eventually get the newer one, only to find I’d lost money and wish I’d waited. My watch collection has been a slow build over the years with some good buying and selling, and loosing money on the selling would be disappointing.

But the point that I wouldn’t get my hands on the newer one anyway is a good one.

I’m not in a hurry though, and so I guess I need to just get one on my wrist and see how much I like the maxi dimensions. And if I like it, just buy it and not worry about future releases.
    Sam, here's another thing to think about. If you did buy a Sub C and at some point in the future a new version (that you preferred) was released - trading in your Sub C would get you to the front of (or much closer) the queue for the new one (maybe not a specific AD, but that would help you greatly imho somewhere) as the recipient will be making money on their sale and when they sell on your Sub C. GL
    Rolex Sea Dweller 116600 (BNIB Feb 2015)
    Omega Seamaster 2254
    Omega Planet Ocean 8500 42 mm (BNIB June 2018)
    Seiko sbdx 017 - MM 300
    Seiko skx 171 modded
    Seiko skx a53 modded
    Some G's + Suunto Core all black

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Best case scenario would be to get added to the AD list the day before the Baselworld 2020 announcements.

A) stall picking it up until old one is phased out and you move to the top of the list for the new one. Flip for double the msrp and buy the old one.

B) pick up the old one if you like that one better before it’s phased out.

C) same as A but keep it instead of flipping it

You’re welcome lol

Nobody wants a slimmer Sub...... no effeminate Submariners will ever be produced- it's a mans watch.
    bricem13, 8Days and Cod Holliday like this.

Quote Originally Posted by TKiteCD View Post
    Nobody wants a slimmer Sub...... no effeminate Submariners will ever be produced- it's a mans watch.
    So, all the ones made before 2011... for girls and loverboys, right kids? :)

Only Real Men wear the big manly shiny new Submariner to power meetings in boardrooms and wine bars. Those girly Comex divers and their thin, spindly-lugged Rolex dive watches, tch... they don't know what real men are!

Quote Originally Posted by samanderson View Post
    I'm thinking of getting a sub-c, but here's my thinking. It's pure speculation, so no one needs to remind me of that. But what I'm afraid of is:

1. I buy a sub-c at a pretty penny.
    2. At Basel, Rolex releases a weight-watchers sub-c: slimmer lugs, toned case, wears smaller, otherwise the same.
    3. Everyone who finds the current sub-c too beefy wants one and so puts theirs in the sales corner.
    4. Prices come down.
    5. I lose money and wish I'd waited.

Again, of course it's speculation. I'm not asking if Rolex will do this, but what would happen if they did.

Are my fears justified?
    Not everyone finds the supercase sub unappealing. In fact, I have it on good authority that many people like them.

If you buy a current sub you're unlikely to lose. And in the meantime, you have a fantastic watch to enjoy. Buy it if you love it!

I'd be very surprised if they 'slim down' the Sub, it's such an iconic dive watch - it's not meant to look dainty.
    TKiteCD likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 8Days View Post
    I'd be very surprised if they 'slim down' the Sub, it's such an iconic dive watch - it's not meant to look dainty.
    You mean, not when it used to have slim lugs from 1954 to 2011? As in, it's only "iconic" now because they made the lugs fat? :)
    danyvw likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by One-Seventy View Post
    So, all the ones made before 2011... for girls and loverboys, right kids? :)

Only Real Men wear the big manly shiny new Submariner to power meetings in boardrooms and wine bars. Those girly Comex divers and their thin, spindly-lugged Rolex dive watches, tch... they don't know what real men are!
    Sorry? I was a commercial diver, I know what real men are. I was not speaking of any particular generation of Submariner, but ALL Submariners.

My girly Sea Dweller with my Kirby Morgan:

Name:  Rolex4.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  104.5 KB
    oso2276 and Simon like this.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information