What Rolex did I see?
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: What Rolex did I see?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    All,
    I was at a dinner last night and I saw this Rolex
    on one of the guests’ hand but I didn’t want to ask him what model it was thinking it will be easy to find out but now I am not able to find a picture online.
    First let me say that this guy is not someone who would buy a fake rolex, he’s got a few very nice pieces and he is legit about the nice stuff he buys.
    The watch seemed to be a datejust model, with the classic bezel, looked pretty worn (not many scratches but looked vintage and worn, had a classy greyish blue (or blueish grey) dial with a RED second hand, jubilee strap, and it didn’t look 41mm, it was smaller.
    From my search online, I have not seen one vintage or a modern datejust that has these features, especially the red second hand.
    The only datejust I have seen with the red second hand and sunburst blue dial is the turnograph but that one doesn’t have the regular classic datejust bezel. Things don’t line up when I put the features next to each other, I can’t match it to any Rolex I have seen online.
    The possibility is that it was a turnograph but I kept looking at the dial and missed the numbered turning bezel and thought it is a regular one. The thing is that the turnograph is 36mm and this guy’s hand is for sure at least 7.5” and the watch didn’t look small on his hand at all.
    Is there any other Rolex with these features that I am missing? What Rolex do you think it was?
    This is the closest model I can find, but I don’t remember seeing that bezel and I was sitting next to him.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by Arazbogos; 2 Weeks Ago at 18:41.
    Rolexplorer likes this.

Re: What Rolex did I see?

Turn-o-Graph....

Quote Originally Posted by m1911 View Post
    Turn-o-Graph....
    That’s my closest guess, it is just the bezel and the size of the watch that throws me off.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

There is a charcol/black/grey version of the Turn O Graph with the red hand. That was most likely it.

Must have been a Turn-O-Graph, but since you must have focused your attention on the dial, hands and date, you must have missed the numbers on the bezel.

Quote Originally Posted by Maiden View Post
    There is a charcol/black/grey version of the Turn O Graph with the red hand. That was most likely it.
    I think that this model is low key gorgeous. Any idea of the last year that it was produced?

Quote Originally Posted by Maiden View Post
    Could be, the dial looked greyish but blue greyish, it had a hint of blue but wasn’t BLUE, really hard to tell since I haven’t seen both of them side by side. However, it was for sure not black either! I was looking at it on the table under yellow light.
    Last edited by Arazbogos; 1 Week Ago at 23:35.

Found a picture, is this a 36mm turnograph? Looks like it is the charcoal one, hm? Which bezel do you see? I don’t see a numbered bezel but it is not the classic original bezel either.

Last edited by Arazbogos; 1 Week Ago at 23:39.

That watch is definitely the Turn-O-Graph.

Collector's items, IMHO.

If you look closely, you can "kinda-sorta" not quite make out the TURN-O-GRAPH text just above the word CHRONOMETER below the handset.

Rolex R150533 Oyster Perpetual Date
    Rolex 16613 Submariner
    Rolex 214270 Explorer 'full lume'
    Rolex 326933 Sky-Dweller TT white dial
    Rolex 116400GV Milgauss black dial
    Hamilton 992B Railway Special Lever-set ca 1944
    Tudor Pelagos LHD
    Miscellaneous fine quality Stopwatches
    "Life is too short not to have a Rolex"

Quote Originally Posted by Rolexplorer View Post
    That watch is definitely the Turn-O-Graph.

Collector's items, IMHO.

If you look closely, you can "kinda-sorta" not quite make out the TURN-O-GRAPH text just above the word CHRONOMETER below the handset.

[IMG class=inlineimg]https://forums.watchuseek.com/images/smilies/icon_smile.gif[/IMG]
    I definitely cannot see that, can you really see it? Haha

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast