Whats the Hulk like, day to day?
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Whats the Hulk like, day to day?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Whats the Hulk like, day to day?

Hi everyone. I've had a lurker account on here for years, but I've recently decided to start posting more frequently.
    I currently own several watches, with the Explorer 1 (39mm) being my only Rolex. My current dream watch is the Hulk. It might be a little flashy looking, but it's the only Sub currently in production that I would care to own. It has personality. The Kermit would be %100 perfect. But the price is ridiculous, and I don't know if I can wear a $15,000 watch out of the house.

My question is: What is it like to wear it day-to-day? Is it too flashy? Do you get many comments? Is it ever 'too much'? I'm curious how regular people feel about wearing such a loud watch every day.
    Thanks

Re: Whats the Hulk like, day to day?

If it speaks to you, don't care what anyone thinks. I've found it incredibly versatile on any spectrum a sport watch is appropriate. I wear it with business casual attire, jeans, or swimming trunks. Should you wear it with a suit to a wedding? Probably not. Would anyone care? Probably not. It might call a "little" bit more attention than a black Sub C, but realistically speaking, not much more. I've had more people compliment my Explorer. The green dial would compliment your black dial explorer very well. Pricing is ridiculous though. But even on that front, anywhere I would feel uncomfortable wearing a $15k watch, I'd feel just as uncomfortable wearing anything more than $1000. Throw on a G shock or seiko if that's the case.

Nah it's not too flashy at all; I really like mine as it adds colour. The dial changes depending on the light which is awesome.

I tend to get a fair few comments on mine (which is usually about how rare it is).

On price though, assuming you're not an established customer with a Rolex AD, have you seen the grey market price? They're sitting at $15k
    Brother of OoO

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Same location and time of day at a slightly different angle. Gives you a brief look at how the dial works with light (you need to zoom in to get a good look). It’s awesome!

dimok, Merv, SamQue and 1 others like this.
    Brother of OoO

IMHO I prefer the black. The green is just too much.
    CSG likes this.
    I can resist everything except temptation.
    If you are not part of the solution you are part of the precipitate.

I don't wear a Hulk, but have other "flashy" watches as well as the explorer. It really depends on the circles you are in. Some couldn't care less. Some will ask if it's real. The watch I wear most often is a BLNR, now this watch gets A LOT of looks from random people who don't wear watches at all, more so than Daytona or AP navy dial. I think it's because of instagram. My wife does say she notices a lot of people will glance at my wrist with the "flashy" watches. The last time I accosted someone bc of their wristgame was my buddy wearing a Richard Mille "Baby Nadal."

In terms of $, I try pick watches appropriately in relation the environment I'm going to be in. At times, I wear no watch. But it's like the kids, say, sometimes you gotta "FLEX" on'em
    EightEyes likes this.
    __

"Time and tide wait for no man, the future depends on what we do in the present."

It looks flashy in pics because people typically select optimal light angles. It's really stands out no more or less than the black ceramic models, but I felt the GMT LN stood out more.
    jas1978 likes this.

in indoor settings imo it is fine, it doesn't scream. you'll get a brilliant green in natural light and i would say it offers versatility with a little bit of color fun
    drthmaul likes this.

ZCT

I tried one on at a mall one time, about a year or so ago, and amazingly just sitting on display for anyone to buy. Tried it on in the store, and then walked out into the mall to get a feel for it in daylight.

I really get the impression it isn't really as in your face as Instagram would have you believe. When people are showing off a hulk they could be picking a certain light or even using Lightroom or other filters to even make the green pop more.

You got the standard brushed metal bracelet and clasp, so I'm not sure it is screaming all the time.

While this reference may put you off, the first few seasons of Silicon Valley on HBO, one of the main characters (sadly the dickish of all of them) is wearing a Hulk. But again, it isn't yelling look at me the whole time.

For me personally, I think there's a good chance I'd get annoyed with it after a while. I tend to do better with monochrome looks and colors can start to irritate me eventually. So I'm not sure I'd want one, unless I had an extensive collection of watches, and this was one of many. But if you like green and want something slightly less conventional, that seems to be skyrocketing in value, why not.

Surely it will be discontinued around the time Rolex get around to updating the movement in the Sub? I wonder what the values will do then. I guess it depends if you like the 'investment' potential or if you're just buying to enjoy.

ZCT makes some great points about how social media amps up the green subs present. Both photos I posted are unedited. The second photo is a better example of how a green sub ‘typically’ looks (ie most of the time)

Bro of OoO
    Brother of OoO

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information