WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

When do Rolex ADs get new inventory from Rolex? Random? First of the month? Quarterly?

6K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  nobbylon 
#1 ·
Wondering when ADs get new inventory from Rolex? Monthly? Quarterly? First week of the month? No one knows (total surprise)?

I'm guessing it's totally a surprise to the ADs. They probably get a heads up that new stock is on its way a couple of days out. That that's their only heads-up from Rolex.

Anyone here in the all powerful Rolex forum know? Thanks.

#2 ·
This isn't like music album releases (10AM on Tuesday) or movie releases (midnight on Thursday).

AD's place orders for models that Rolex allows them to order. Rolex ships what they want when they want to. AD's receive them and decide which of their top salespeople get to call which of their top customers to buy them. Trust me, if there was a magical day/time that all Rolex AD's got their shipments and all salespeople adhered to a first-come-first-served rule there would be lines around the block and you still wouldn't get the watch you wanted.

You do realize that there are two other options for you to get the Rolex you desire without being concerned with the politics and machinations of jewelry stores, yes?

#4 ·
Buy s/h or pay a grey dealer. In the past I would have said don’t do it but depending on the watch and premium then maybe. Daytonas at double list along with BLNR and BLRO, skydwellers are ridiculously overpriced and I know of 1 dealer who has large inventory not shifting so prices have possibly hit the point at where people just say NO. On the other hand if I was desperate for a Sub no date or green hand GMT then I’d go straight there and gladly pay 1k over what they should be and enjoy wearing the watch.
Saying all the above, the 10k premium on most of the blingers is only 500/year if you are going to wear it for 20 years. Most people while not wanting to admit it want to buy at retail so they can make a quick profit themselves.
I’ve drifted from new Rolex and started lusting after the older pre ceramics. Plenty of availability and dare I say a much better long term investment strategy if that’s what you are lookiing for from Rolex.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.