When do you reset the time on your watch?
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: When do you reset the time on your watch?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

When do you reset the time on your watch?

I've got a small collection, but I'm pretty OCD so I usually rotate my watches every day or two. This week I decided to wear my DJ41 all week, after 4 days it's -3 seconds, which means I could go a long time before it's off more than a minute. For those who wear their watches everyday for long periods of time, how far off do you let it get before you reset the time? Just curious.
    Persecki likes this.

Re: When do you reset the time on your watch?

Thank God I am not alone. Having a small collection of 5 watches allows me to change the timepiece every day and at the same time give equal wrist time to all of them.

That said, I set them them every 3 weeks mostly because Rolex movements are super accurate. When I am not wearing them, they are on the winder. The only non-Rolex I have is a Panerai with a Valjoux 7753 movement which I set every 10 days.

draperfish and Stanul like this.
    ♕ 116500LN | ♕ 126710BLRO | ♕ 116610LV | ♕ 116610LB | PAM00168

Would have to be off enough for me to notice.
    draperfish and qa_ii like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Betterthere View Post
    Would have to be off enough for me to notice.
    Yeah, the only reason I would notice is because I'm a watch geek and can't resist checking in against my atomic clock app periodically.
    Betterthere likes this.

I set it a minute ahead and set it again once it gets a minute behind., I used to always cross a time zone before that happened. Since I'm not going anywhere and it's running almost dead on, I'm likely to go from the start of daylight savings time to the end of it without being more than a minute off.
    Is it time for another coffee?

Exact same technique - from -1 min to +1 min before a reset. It does not happen too often
    draperfish and BonyWrists like this.

Los Angeles - USA Originally from Perth - Australia

If I have to change the date at the start of a new month I usually reset my spring Drive diver because the crown is already out..... I'm a little up tight about accuracy so I usually reset my explorer as well for the sake of consistency.
    My GS runs about +2 seconds per week and my explorer is usually about +6 seconds per week.... they both consume almost all of my daily wear so its good to use the reset to check that they are running to expectations / no problems.

my other pieces get wound and worn occasionally, I don't usually set the date or even worry about atomic time, on low stress days I don't even set the time at the start of the minute - wild and crazy guy I know.
    draperfish likes this.
    Rolex Explorer Mk II . Grand Seiko Spring Diver 029 . Omega MoonWatch . Grand Seiko Highbeat .

Maybe ive got lucky but ive found I can easily regulate my watches by overnight resting positions. My Rolex is alway pretty spot on but some days when ive given it a bit of extra action on my bike ive noticed it can sometimes gain time over a week. When I spot it creeping too far, a couple of "crown down" nights gets it back to being spot on. If any watch drifts too far it gets punished by time in the watch cooler (safe) and another watch gets released into the rotation.
    draperfish likes this.

Inactive

I have an app on my phone called WatchCheck. It allows the user to track the deviation over time (days, weeks, months) and it trends the deviation. I'll check my daily driver about every two to three weeks and make an adjustment. I also use it for new watches to check the accuracy. It's a handy little tool.
    draperfish likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BonyWrists View Post
    I set it a minute ahead and set it again once it gets a minute behind., I used to always cross a time zone before that happened. Since I'm not going anywhere and it's running almost dead on, I'm likely to go from the start of daylight savings time to the end of it without being more than a minute off.
    I do similar, initially set 30 seconds fast, and re-adjust when it's over a minute slow. That said, I rotate watches about once a week or so, they rarely fall that far behind before I go to the next watch.
    draperfish likes this.
    DOXA SUB300T Professional | Omega Seamaster 2538.20 "Great White" GMT | Omega Speedmaster 3592.50 "Hesalite sandwich" | Seiko Turtle SRP777 | Zenith El Primero Open

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information