Where are all the Rolex fans turning to when it comes to getting sick and tired of them? Grand Seiko
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: Where are all the Rolex fans turning to when it comes to getting sick and tired of them? Grand Seiko

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quite recently there's been somewhat a turning point for Grand Seiko. If course you have your Craig Shipp die hard fans but more recently Adrian from Bark & Jack and Marc Govberg have been turning to Grand Seiko who you would assume are die hard Rolex fans.

Now I wrote a while ago that I was probably going to buy a no-date submariner or an Explorer 1 but lately I've been playing with my choices as an alternative which is better or at least the same quality.

Just look at these dials!

I do want a GMT and looking at a potential Peacock. So what do Rolex fans really think of Grand Seiko?
    Last edited by MeiXiang; 1 Week Ago at 12:17.

Re: Where are all the Rolex fans turning to when it comes to getting sick and tired of them? Grand S

No denying the quality in their manufacture, itís just the looks department that are just not me at all. The one exception is the lesser, and cheaper, vintage styled GMT GS.

Quote Originally Posted by hub6152 View Post
    No denying the quality in their manufacture, it’s just the looks department that are just not me at all. The one exception is the lesser, and cheaper, vintage styled GMT GS.

I was looking at that watch but I wanted a bracelet! Really stunning applied indices. I am not a fan of the 9F quartz movements.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Oh cool, an Opinions On Grand Seiko thread. I guess it was finally decided where everyone stood on Omega. Next on the list, GS...
    jmanlay and Betterthere like this.
    Grand Seiko: SBGV223, SBGV225, SBGV205, SBGT241
    Oris: Aquis, Pro Pilot
    Sinn: LE 556i
    Seiko: Jade Sumo, Seiko STO Samurai, Blue Coral Monster
    G Shock: GMW-b5000, GX-56bb, GW-b5600

Re: Where are all the Rolex fans turning to when it comes to getting sick and tired of them? Grand S

That first dial in stunning.

Quote Originally Posted by MeiXiang View Post
    I was looking at that watch but I wanted a bracelet! Really stunning applied indices. I am not a fan of the 9F quartz movements.
    Put a decent quality BOR bracelet (from Bulang) on it and boom - youíre there. The movt in this one isnít the hi-beat of the more expensive models but who cares about that!

Quote Originally Posted by MeiXiang View Post
    <snip>
    ... recently there's been somewhat a turning point for Grand Seiko....Adrian from Bark & Jack and Marc Govberg have been turning to Grand Seiko...
    ::
    I wrote a while ago that I was probably going to buy a no-date submariner or an Explorer 1 but lately I've been playing with my choices as an alternative which is better or at least the same quality.
    ::
    So what do Rolex fans really think of Grand Seiko?
    Did it occur to you that a potential income stream for YouTubers are to be "social influencers"? or the term normally thrown around in the internet as a shill.

Sure enough the quality of workmanship of a Grand Seiko is fantastic and just look at all that Japanese artistry at play. Well, so are Lexus cars as they are tarted up Toyota cars. Grand Seiko is to Seiko what Lexus is to Toyota.

A Submariner will maintain its value or appreciate in value whereas a GS will depreciate. Just look at the used market.

I've recently turned to Grand Seiko to diversify my collection away from Rolex and, I must say, they are amazing watches. I would just recommend trying on a few first because the proportions are quite different if you are used to Rolex and other Swiss manufacturers. They tend to be on the bulky side.

Having hopped off and on this forum for years, I just donít get the feeling that members are getting tired of Rolex and looking for suitable replacements. There is a world of beautiful well made watches that one could wear besides Rolex. However, if I wanted the scoop on Grand Seiko, I would seek answers in that forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    5959HH likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogbert_is_fat View Post
    Did it occur to you that a potential income stream for YouTubers are to be "social influencers"?

A Submariner will maintain its value or appreciate in value whereas a GS will depreciate. Just look at the used market.
    I think this about sums it up for me, and perhaps the salient points could have more easily been presented in the Grand Seiko forum rather than here. No question Grand Seiko makes a fantastic watch, but for me itís not a substitute for Rolex. Nothing is.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information