Where to buy Rolex Datejust in Singapore?
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Where to buy Rolex Datejust in Singapore?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Dear fellow WUSers

We are travelling to Singapore (from Sydney) for a week soon.

I want to gift my wife a Rolex Lady Datejust. I'm thinking of the 31mm size, silver dial with diamond markers.

Retail price in Sydney is AU$12550 (US$8827 or SG$11966).

I'm an Omega fanatic myself with 7 Omegas, but prefer Rolex over Omega when it comes to an heirloom piece that hopefully our daughter (now 2 years of age) will wear one day in memory of my wife.

So I would really appreciate any tips on getting a good price on the above model. My understanding is that the official boutique in Sydney will not discount a single cent, and neither will any of the handful of ADs.

Would appreciate tips on where to go, and what to say to get the best deal. Would prefer ADs, and prefer to stay away from grey market imports if possible but I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks all!

Re: Where to buy Rolex Datejust in Singapore?

ADs here will give you a 5% discount for this model. I can confirm for the Rolex AD at Vivocity, and Marina Bay Sands.

Do check out the AD at Chinatown (Kee Hing Hung), they might give you a better deal there.

Best of luck, and enjoy the shopping experience!

edit: wanted to add that the discount is different from the tax refund opportunity which is around 5% of the purchase value. So for sure you will save if you purchase from here.
    baytwenty3 likes this.
    1989 Tag Heuer Formula 1
    1993 Citizen Titanium Automatic
    2000 Tag Heuer Classic 2000
    2010 Hamilton Jazzmaster
    2015 Tag Heuer Formula 1 Automatic
    2016 Luminox P-38 Chronograph
    2017 Bell & Ross BR123 Beige
    2017 Seiko Kinetic Chronograph
    2018 Rolex GMT Master II BLNR
    2019 Seiko SBDC061

Quote Originally Posted by ColinMST View Post
    ADs here will give you a 5% discount for this model. I can confirm for the Rolex AD at Vivocity, and Marina Bay Sands.

Do check out the AD at Chinatown (Kee Hing Hung), they might give you a better deal there.

Best of luck, and enjoy the shopping experience!

edit: wanted to add that the discount is different from the tax refund opportunity which is around 5% of the purchase value. So for sure you will save if you purchase from here.
    Thank you Colin, that is great advice.

In regards to the duty free shopping for foreign visitors, do the stores in Singapore initially charge you full price and ask that you go to the tax refund office at the airport after check-in, show the goods and receive the discount there? This is how duty free shopping works in Australia, but would appreciate any help.

Thank you again.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

There are several Rolex Authorised Dealers in Singapore. Most are located in the shopping belt of Orchard Road. The model you are looking for is not difficult to locate. is the official Rolex website store locator.

https://www.rolex.com/rolex-dealers/...pore/singapore

Cortina
    The Hour Glass
    Emperor watches and Jewelry

has several branches. If the one you visit do not carry the model of your desire, ask them to check their central inventory and they can direct you to the store that has it.

Gassan branches are only found in our airport duty free or restricted zones. Then there is one in MBS (Marina Bay Sands) and Resort World Sentosa, I don’t know who they are but they are definitely Rolex AD. Last but not least, Kee Hing Hang is situated in People’s Park Complex - Chinatown and Watch Palace (Lucky Plaza) just beside the RSC in Orchard Road.

When making the purchase, you need to bring along your passport for the shop to fill-in the GST refund application form. This will be valid for one month from the date of purchase.

IMO - I am very sure you will be able to get more than 8% discount from the MRSP. Just do more walking and visit more shops. By walking from Hilton Singapore (About/ less than 2 Km) to Centrepoint, you will pass at least 6-8 AD.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    baytwenty3 likes this.

Yes you will need to pay in full 7% GST, but at the airport you will get around 5% of that back.

And the other poster is right that 8% is possible -- I might have gotten my numbers wrong as I checked the price for this model several months ago.
    baytwenty3 likes this.
    1989 Tag Heuer Formula 1
    1993 Citizen Titanium Automatic
    2000 Tag Heuer Classic 2000
    2010 Hamilton Jazzmaster
    2015 Tag Heuer Formula 1 Automatic
    2016 Luminox P-38 Chronograph
    2017 Bell & Ross BR123 Beige
    2017 Seiko Kinetic Chronograph
    2018 Rolex GMT Master II BLNR
    2019 Seiko SBDC061

That's great thanks to both of you, much appreciated!

The model you are looking for is Ref: 178274-0030

The MRSP is SGD12,710.00 and it is inclusive of our Goods & Service Tax.

Depending on the final purchase price, you will get about 5.5% GST refund. If you spent more than SGD100,000.00 - you will get 6% refund.

On the day of departure, go to the airport an hour more than the usual time you would. Before you check-in, go to the Singapore Customs counter to get your GST refund form endorsed by the duty officers there. Once this is done, do your check-in and collect your boarding pass.

If time permits, you may have a cuppa at the various cafe or shop around last minute for some souvenirs. Once you have cleared our immigration, proceed directly to the Singapore Customs “GST Refund” counters for your cash refund or have the amount credited back into your credit card. Remember to bring along the watch for inspection. They will usually check the serial number. So, keep the invoice/receipt, guarantee card and the watch with you. I guess she will probably be wearing it so this will not be a problem but ensure that the invoice and G/card are with you.

These refund counters are open 24/7 so no worries mate! Lastly, welcome to Singapore, hope you enjoy your stay and advance congrats to her and may she wear the new DJ31 in good health.

baytwenty3 likes this.

Thank you so much for that detailed info waikeekee, much appreciated!

Can I be so bold as to request you check the official Singaporean price for the same model but with 'mother of pearl' dial? I can only access Australian price which is AU$15,900.

baytwenty3 likes this.

That's wonderful, much appreciated again waikeekee.

Message me if you ever need me to find out anything related to Australia!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information