WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Where to get Tudor spring bars (or good substitutes?)?

14K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  Mjj1543 
#1 ·
A couple of days ago I was wearing my Black Bay ETA and noticed one of the end links looked a bit off. Upon investigation it was loose, with about 1.5mm up/down play. It may have been like this for as long as I've owned it, I don't know, but for whatever reason I noticed it.

Drove over to my local Rolex AD and had them take a look. "Yep, its loose" they said, and suspected a damaged springbar. They said it wasn't going to fall off my wrist, but that they couldn't fix it as they didn't carry Tudor and thus didn't have any Black Bay springbars in stock. They recommended sending it into Tudor.

Well, I'm not going to send in a perfectly good watch because of a springbar. At home I took off the bracelet to check it. I noticed that 1) the endlinks and holes were fine. 2) the springbars were not damaged.

But 3) the springbar that was on the loose endlink WAS NOT a Tudor springbar, but rather a thinner, wimpier substitute.

(this is why I think the watch has likely been like this for the year that i've owned it)

There are no Tudor ADs near me to take this to, and I won't be passing by one for at least 3 months. I have this on the nato for the time being (where the slight looseness isn't noticeable) but I want it back on the bracelet. Is there any source for Black Bay spring bars (or a quality substitute) other than driving to another state to visit an AD?

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
I assume your Tudor BB uses 22mm springbars? Offhand I would say go with ToxicNATOS Double flange 22mm x 1.78mm Spring Bars, probably 22mm x 1.78mm x .9mm ends double flange. https://www.toxicnatos.com/collections/watch-spring-bars/products/toxicbars

It just occurred to me that your BB probably has drilled lugs, in which case you should be able to order 22mm x 1.78mm x .9mm ends (shoulder-less) rather than double flange.

#12 ·
Thanks all. I'll try the Everest springbars. If those don't work I'll see if my AD will sell me some Seadweller bars.

One good thing that's come out of this - it forced me to put this on the nato, and frankly I'm digging it. I had no intention of ever putting it on the nato before now, but it's like a brand new watch and distinguishes it more from my Tudor GMT.

#18 ·
Just reviving this as I’ve had a similar issue with my Black Bay recently. I noticed the OEM bracelet was almost rattling at the end links and when I put it on an after market leather I also got the clicking sound described by an earlier poster. Rang the AD to be told they’d fit some but won’t supply them direct for me to do myself. Long story short, I’ve tried loads is spring bars and none so far have solved the problem. 0.9mm pivots still move around too much and 1.1mm pivots are too wide for the lug holes. I’ve ordered some 1mm pivots from Ofrei and I hope these will do the trick. I believe Rolex bars are 1.2mm so, if I’m correct, they also won’t fit.

#19 ·
Just reviving this as I've had a similar issue with my Black Bay recently. I noticed the OEM bracelet was almost rattling at the end links and when I put it on an after market leather I also got the clicking sound described by an earlier poster. Rang the AD to be told they'd fit some but won't supply them direct for me to do myself. Long story short, I've tried loads is spring bars and none so far have solved the problem. 0.9mm pivots still move around too much and 1.1mm pivots are too wide for the lug holes. I've ordered some 1mm pivots from Ofrei and I hope these will do the trick. I believe Rolex bars are 1.2mm so, if I'm correct, they also won't fit.
I ordered these - they were perfect.

https://www.everestbands.com/products/tudor-style-1-8mm-spring-bars

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.