Will it fit...
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Will it fit...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Will it fit...

Hi All,

I'm very interested in getting a Rolex Sub 116610LV (Hulk) but unfortunately have not been able to get to the AD (or any store) to try one on given current times. I know the obvious answer is to wait until I can do that, but I am considering buying from a place that allows free returns. As I don't WANT to exercise the return policy, I'm trying to solicit opinions/experience to make as informed a decision as possible, while having the safety net of the return in case the watch really doesn't fit.

As such, curious if anyone can share their experience on this model on a ~6.5", flat wrist. I have attached pictures with my Speedy Pro, which I believe to be jusssssstttt about as big as I would go.

I am soliciting two types of responses here:

- People who have similar stats and either own or have tried on the watch, and their opinion (as I'm well aware that fit is very much opinion)
    - More broad opinion about this watch on smaller wrists, whether it is yours personally or just seeing it in the wild

Thoughts are appreciated, thanks for helping me realize a life goal in these crazy times!

Name:  Speedy_1.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  435.9 KBName:  Speedy_2.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  457.1 KB

Re: Will it fit...

I`m wearing the sizes from 33mm to 42mm (well, not your specified model. One day I hope), so there is no too big or too small in my opinion. But I do prefer the 34-37mm models. Go with what feels best on the wrist.. especially if you`re going to wear it daily.
    the tik-tok of the clock..

I too have a rather flat wrist that measures just under 7” at my wrist bones but 6.5” where I wear my watches.

Picture of my 40mm Air-King I’m wearing today.

Older picture of my 116600 SD4K.

Much older picture of my wearing a 114060 SubC before I sold it to a friend. Case and bracelet dimensions are identical to that of the Hulk.

My answer to your question is I see no reason why you should have a problem wearing a 116610LV Hulk.
    Betterthere likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Will it fit...

I have a 6.5 inch wrist and I’m sure everybody will disagree and chime in with their own opinion but I find the SubC to be hands down the most uncomfortable and unbalanced watch I’ve ever owned or tried on. Everything about the finishing and quality is fantastic but stupidly convex caseback is such a poor oversight in my opinion. The entire weight of the watch is focused onto the tiny diameter of surface area of the caseback making the watch float on your wrist and feel wobbly and unbalanced after a few hours of wear. Not to mention the glidelock simply looks dumb on smaller wrists.

The sub was my grail for the longest time so you can imagine my disappointment, I did hours and hours of research and found that I’m definitely not the only one with this complaint (and found even more people complaining about the casebacks on the SDs). I previously had an Explorer 1 and the caseback on that watch isn’t taller or bigger but the part that touches the back of your wrist is wider which disperses the weight of the watch more evenly. My PO which weighs almost 50g more than the sub and has a wider caseback is INFINITELY more balanced and comfortable than the sub.

The best way I can describe the feeling is this this building I drive by everyday on my way to work.

thx67 likes this.

Will it fit...

I have a 14060M and I've worn a friend's 114060 which is the same case you're looking at. My wrist is about 7" and pretty flat.

I bought the 14060M because I prefer the more classic slimmer case size and lighter weight, but the 114060 fit me fine. The lug-to-lug and bezel diameter didn't change with the new-gen cases.

Net/net I think you'd be alright with it, the size hasn't changed much in half a century for a reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    In the collection:
    ♛ Submariner 14060M
    β SuperOcean Héritage A1732124
    Ω Seamaster Planet Ocean 2201.50
    Seiko Day-Date 7N43-8A39 (inherited)
    Guess WaterPro Chronograph 42mm (whole lot of history)

In the garage:

Porsche Carrera 3.2 Targa (toy)
    B9 Audi A4 (daily)
    B9 Audi SQ5 (hers)

You will need to try it on (or any of the six digit subs), but the numbers do not lie. Omega Speedy Pro lug to lug height = 47mm. Rolex Sub Ceramic series (Hulk included) lug to lug height = 50.54mm.
    Rolex Submariner 114060, Cartier Tank (wife), Universal Geneve Super Microtor, David Yurman Belmont Automatic, G-Shock DW5600E-1V

Quote Originally Posted by Unce_Turbo_997 View Post
    You will need to try it on (or any of the six digit subs), but the numbers do not lie. Omega Speedy Pro lug to lug height = 47mm. Rolex Sub Ceramic series (Hulk included) lug to lug height = 50.54mm.
    This! It's the lug to lug length that matters more about how a watch will wear than it's diameter
    Brother of OoO

Here’s a pic of mine on my 6.4” wrist if it helps

Personally I think it’s a perfect fit. Just remember that close up pics of watches on wrists (like the ones below) make them look bigger than what they actually are. In all the pics below the watches appear to ‘hang’ from The top of my wrist. It doesn’t in real life though.

And for comparisons sake this is how my Speedie wears

Brother of OoO
    5959HH likes this.
    Brother of OoO

One more perspective photo of the watch (NB looking at the perspective of the pic, my wrist is turned so the watch wears smaller than it looks in this pic).

Brother of OoO
    Brother of OoO

I would say you need to try one on before pulling the trigger. Measurements are only part of the story. The angle and size of the lugs always comes into play, as does wrist shape ie rounder/flatter etc. Ive owned many sizes up to 45mm and they can all look completely different when you get them on. I almost bought one of the newer subs a few years ago and im glad I tried it on. Didnt like it at all. It looked and felt weird on my wrist (not the only one judging by a previous comment in this thread). For me, the lugs make the watch look larger than it actually is, maybe my wrists are rounder than the norm. I also wanted the omega 300MC which, I think is a 41mm and it looked like a dinner plate on my wrist as the lugs are very long and straight. I have an explorer II which is technically larger than the sub but it wears smaller on my wrist. Maybe im obsessed with lugs, who knows. Its going to be an extra hump trying one on but it will be worth it in the end if you find you cant take to it. Best of luck
    5959HH and solesman like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information