WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Will there be a new Explorer in 2020?

5K views 41 replies 31 participants last post by  Stellite 
#1 ·
Although updated in 2016, the current 214270 is almost 10 years old now. Do you think they will release new model next year?

#12 ·
The only thing I can think of Rolex changing to the Explorer is a

1. new movement (sure, why not)
2. add yellow gold (ugh, I hope not, but it happened to the SD43)
3. rubber strap instead of metal bracelet (like the updated YM42)

I don't think it will be next year, but I wouldn't be surprised some kind of update within 5 years or so.

#15 ·
I hope so, but my gut feeling is no.

I would love a new 36mm Rolex Explorer with new movement with 72 hours of power reserve.

#18 ·
Even though it would not be a deal maker or breaker for me, it is always nice to have longer power reserves, because I have several Watches in my collection and sometimes, I do not wear my Watches for a few days or even weeks.

If I do decide to wear a particular Watch and then not wear it again for two or three days, it is nice if I did not have to set the Watch again.

#23 ·
They may, they may not.

However one things for sure, whatever they release we won’t be able to buy.

Maybe at +50% if you are so inclined.

#29 ·
Here's a pic I just took of my Son's unworn Exp1 next to the GMT showing just how big that dial is. Even on my rather large wrists it just doesn't feel balanced regarding lugs, bezel and layout. Feels like the crystal is just too big. The OP 39 looks much nicer with the stick dial, but I am hoping for a 37/38mm case. All it needs is an upscaled 14270 with the right case and lug shape.

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Silver

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.