WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Will we see a Tudor GMT Batman?

23K views 38 replies 33 participants last post by  Mayah110 
#1 ·
Hi all,
Long-time lurker, first-time poster. I've really enjoyed reading these forums, and soaking up your collective knowledge, so thanks all.
A grail watch for me would be a Rolex GMT Batman, but current grey-market prices make that unlikely anytime soon. The Tudor GMT is a great looking watch, but given the styling choice I'd go Batman over Pepsi.
Does anyone have reason to think a Batman GMT is on Tudor's to-do list in the next couple of years?
Thanks
J

#3 ·
my guess would be no... If i understand correctly the Batman colors were because that was the best they could do at the time with the die in the ceramic (i.e. couldn't figure out how to make the Pepsi...yet). but it turned out the BM colors were very successful soooo.....???? maybe? but i don't think there is any vintage Rolex/Tudor precedent for the BM colors so probably not.

#4 ·
It will never happen. Not because of the vintage styling, or because Rolex won't like it. It won't happen because on the Black Bay the blue bezel color is very muted (I own the Black Bay Blue and the GMT). It looks black already in some light. If Tudor made a Batman GMT, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between day and night. You need contrast for a GMT if you're going to delineate day and night. Otherwise go all black and be done with it.

In other words, to quote Archer, it would look "black, and a slightly darker black". No good.

#25 ·
I’d guess it’s a possibility, don’t see why not. People’s supposition are just that. If Tudor came out with a red and blue GMT, why wouldn’t they come out with a black and blue?

Reactions: Brey17
#30 ·
Perhaps together with a smaller case? I used to own a Tudor GMT which I was forced to sell due to an unforeseen massive expense. I tried one on again when I picked up the BB58 and have to say that nah - it’s just ridiculously fat. I loved the colors and the watch in general but the case thickness just isn’t for someone with 6.5” wrists like me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.