WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Is it worth it?

928 views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  Panerol Forte 
#1 ·
Hi guys!

I am on a fence trying to decide whether to buy my very first Rolex or not.

I was visiting watch repair and found out the guy was selling a blue Rolex Oyster Perpetual as a broker for 3500

He said the owner got it as a gift while expecting a 30000 watch instead and said that the retail price was 4500€/4999$ for the watch.

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

Any input from the vets on what I should do would be greatly appreciated!

See less See more
#5 ·
Looks like 116000, 36mm.
Has the later hands making it less than a few years old. Box and papers will confirm this.
Approximately $4.5-5k USD on the secondary market.
If all legitimate €3500 seems a reasonable price imho.
There a couple for sale on this forum for reference, search 116000.

Edit: 36mm has lumenova in 369, 34mm doesn’t, just white gold afaik.

#8 ·
Looks like 116000, 36mm.
Has the later hands making it less than a few years old. Box and papers will confirm this.
Approximately $4.5-5k USD on the secondary market.
If all legitimate €3500 seems a reasonable price imho.
There a couple for sale on this forum for reference, search 116000.

Edit: 36mm has lumenova in 369, 34mm doesn't, just white gold afaik.
36 has filled in 3,6 and 9. 34 has solid 3,6 and 9

oops, spped reading after a couple of eve drinkies ;)

#7 ·
It’s a lovely blue dial OP that looks to be in great shape. Definitely worth what’s being asked for it. But I suggest you think about what Rolex you really want. If you have a steel sports watch dancing in your dreams you might want to hold off and save your powder for your grail. On a lark I bought a new 36mm Datejust with a blue dial (Rolex blue is among the best) when I was starting to build my luxury watch collection but as I learned more and my tastes progressed I realized what I really wanted was Rolex sports steel. In retrospect the DJ pickup was a mistake. In those days subs were readily available. I got a nice 16600 Sea Dweller but regret not getting a sub back then instead of the DJ.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.