Would this bother you guys?
Like Tree102Likes

Thread: Would this bother you guys?

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

So I put a small ding in the outer edge of the bezel of my 16710, and a tinier one on the lower crown guard. On the picture it’s just next to the number 4 of 14 on the insert. I stupidly grazed the door handle with the watch. I know I suffer from OCD like a few guys here, so I wanted to get some opinions on whether this would bother you?
    The bezel was pristine prior to than and if there was a cool story behind the ding I wouldn’t mind so much. The only memorable thing about it is that it’s happened while my wife and I are taking care of our two month old daughter while under lockdown.
    Would you just consider it as adding character to the watch or would it bother you enough to get the bezel assembly replaced at a future service?
    I apologize if this sounds like a really dumb question but I spent quite a bit of money on the watch and I’ve gotten very attached to it.
    Thanks in advance for your feedback.
    Cheers.
    Name:  63352742-DB93-4D29-8F69-78885F0452E3.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  276.2 KB
    fskywalker and Kauf2947 like this.

Re: Would this bother you guys?

It would bother me at first and probably for a while. Eventually I'd get used to it. I don't know how long that would take. Fortunately, my eyes don't come with that much magnification, or the interval might be fairly long.
    Is it time for another coffee?

I am a little ocd and those dont bother me. The bezel and crown guards are sort of built to take the brunt of bumps so seeing dings that small on them passes for me, where as a ding that size on the crown its self, or top of a lug would bother me.
    Last edited by Eingram141; 2 Weeks Ago at 06:19.
    Paulsky, fskywalker and outatim3 like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

It will not bother me at all. And it does have a good story ( pandemic, tired while caring for a baby).

Flip it
    jmanlay likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulsky View Post
    So I put a small ding in the outer edge of the bezel of my 16710, and a tinier one on the lower crown guard. On the picture it’s just next to the number 4 of 14 on the insert. I stupidly grazed the door handle with the watch. I know I suffer from OCD like a few guys here, so I wanted to get some opinions on whether this would bother you?
    The bezel was pristine prior to than and if there was a cool story behind the ding I wouldn’t mind so much. The only memorable thing about it is that it’s happened while my wife and I are taking care of our two month old daughter while under lockdown.
    Would you just consider it as adding character to the watch or would it bother you enough to get the bezel assembly replaced at a future service?
    I apologize if this sounds like a really dumb question but I spent quite a bit of money on the watch and I’ve gotten very attached to it.
    Thanks in advance for your feedback.
    Cheers.
    Name:  63352742-DB93-4D29-8F69-78885F0452E3.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  276.2 KB

In regards to the bezel damage would not replace it because of that. What you could do, if have the tool, is to remove the bezel assembly and then remove the insert; re-locate that mark on a location where would be less visible to you (perhaps by 11 or 12 ?) and then re-align the insert accordingly and re-install the bezel assembly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by fskywalker; 2 Weeks Ago at 13:38.
    solesman, Paulsky and config like this.
    Francisco
    Ω 2504.52 / 168.022 / 2201.50 / 2232.30 / 231.90.39.21.04.001
    ♛ 16610 / 18239
    ★ 03.2150.400

I dinged up my sub putting my daughter in her car seat year ago. Dinged up the grooves on the bezel and scratched the ceramic insert (even though people say ceramic doesn’t scratch). She was like a year old, now she’s almost 7. Reminds me of when she was a baby, I bought the watch to celebrate her birth and doesn’t bother me a bit. Hope you can see these dents/marks as a sign of a memory made and not as something that needs to be repaired. Scars tell a story, a pristine watch (to me) has not really lived.

Los Angeles - USA Originally from Perth - Australia

Looks like the guard and bezel edge did their job.
    Watch is still functioning perfectly.
    Assess at next service. I’m sure by then it won’t bother you nearly as much, and the memories that your family have accumulated through these time will be valuable.

•• sent by two turn tables and a microphone ••
    fskywalker, Paulsky and Sinanamus like this.
    Rolex Explorer Mk II . Grand Seiko Spring Diver 029 . Omega MoonWatch . Grand Seiko Highbeat .

No. I've had some OCD tendencies like that and from my experiences it will only consume you. The more objects you set your heart upon, the more thorns there are to tear your peace of mind to shreds. Enjoy your watch.
    |Ω

I totally understand how you feel. We do pay a lot for our watches, I remember the first ding on my Seamaster 300 it bothered the hell out of me! I got used to the many more dings that were to come.. When I bought my SubC last August by October I scratched the clasp and bracelet when I got launched from a cart giving my Granddaughter a “fun” ride that bothered me for about an hour. Now I smile when I see it. The watches can take it and so can we. The alternative is to baby them and hardly wear them. I prefer to put a few dings here & there and enjoy the hell out of my watch. Whatever you do don’t look at it under a loupe.. then you’ll really be bothered at all the scratches!
    Last edited by Lealole; 2 Weeks Ago at 05:45.
    fskywalker and Paulsky like this.
    Rolex Submariner 116610 LN
    Omega Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial
    Tudor Heritage Black Bay Bronze
    Seiko SKX009

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast