Yachtmaster availability
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Yachtmaster availability

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Yachtmaster availability

I'm curious... do AD's typically have Yachtmaster's available? I'm not sure how far they fall into the 'stainless' category vs the 'precious metal' category these days. Specifically I'm talking about the Yachtmaster 40 with rhodium dial. They seem to be rather polarizing in terms of people liking them; for some reason I think it's fantastic, although I haven't seen one in person to confirm.

Quote Originally Posted by heffergm View Post
    I'm curious... do AD's typically have Yachtmaster's available? I'm not sure how far they fall into the 'stainless' category vs the 'precious metal' category these days. Specifically I'm talking about the Yachtmaster 40 with rhodium dial. They seem to be rather polarizing in terms of people liking them; for some reason I think it's fantastic, although I haven't seen one in person to confirm.
    I've always seen the Yachtmasters at ADs. In fact I don't recall not seeing one here at least in the UK. They're not particularly popular in the Rolex catalogue.
    Current Collection
    Rolex
    : Explorer 214270 MK 2; Submariner Date 116613LB(luesy); Sea Dweller 126600;
    Seiko: SARB017 Alpinist; SKX013 Modded; Seiko 5 SNKL55K1;
    Casio: F-91W; G-Shock GA-110LPA-1AER;
    Swatch: "Just Paul" GE270

Even if a particular AD doesn't have the specific rhodium dial one in stock, I think they'd be motivated to take your name down and call you when they do. Yacht-Masters don't fly off the shelves like certain other sports models.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Re: Yachtmaster availability

I’ve not seen blue or rhodium dials for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Peace people

Quote Originally Posted by MeiXiang View Post
    I've always seen the Yachtmasters at ADs. In fact I don't recall not seeing one here at least in the UK. They're not particularly popular in the Rolex catalogue.
    You mean they're not routinely bundled, flipped and unavailable :))

I think I saw one about six months ago, alongside an Air-King. No other stainless apart from DJs. These days that seems to count as an "epic fail"
    dan360 likes this.

Very common to walk into my AD and see a plethora of YMs. Given how unpopular they are now it will probably end up being the next Daytona or Submariner in 20 years lol

Quote Originally Posted by heffergm View Post
    They may not be as high on the want list as Daytonas/subs/gmts currently so they should be easier to obtain, but they’re not sitting at ADs collecting dust, especially the 40. They are quite new in comparison to the subs/gmts/Daytonas and as people become more aware of them their popularity will increase.

They look even better in person, their slim and sleek design was one of the reasons it won it for me over the sub and gmt, and they are such a comfortable watch that can be enjoyed daily with ease. I went for rhodium as well and that monochromatic look is simply stunning.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by MONTANTK View Post
    Very common to walk into my AD and see a plethora of YMs. Given how unpopular they are now it will probably end up being the next Daytona or Submariner in 20 years lol
    Where are you based?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Peace people

Quote Originally Posted by Alexexec View Post

They may not be as high on the want list as Daytonas/subs/gmts currently so they should be easier to obtain, but they’re not sitting at ADs collecting dust, especially the 40. They are quite new in comparison to the subs/gmts/Daytonas and as people become more aware of them their popularity will increase.
    Quite new, yes, the original 40mm Yacht-Master just recently came out in 1992: only 28 years ago. Just give it a few more decades, and people will become more aware of them.

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeDrinker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexexec View Post

Quite new, yes, the original 40mm Yacht-Master just recently came out in 1992: only 28 years ago. Just give it a few more decades, and people will become more aware of them.
    Indeed, new in comparison to the hot sports models like the sub/gmt/Daytona etc. the Yacht-Master is about 40 years newer. No need to wait for a few decades for popularity to increase, the current Yacht-Master40 with the 3235 isn’t as easy to source as it once was (pre pandemic) so it’s already rising.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information