WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Yellow fleck on inside of glass on my North Flag

458 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  GarbanzoNegro 
#1 ·
Had my Tudor North Flag for a couple of months now but have just noticed there's a very small fleck of yellow underneath the glass. Initially I thought it was outside so tried to clean it away without any luck so checked it with a loop and notice that is a small half moon shaped piece of something in yellow which is obviously the same colour as the second hand and the hour indices etc.. Have sent the retailer a message about this and waiting for a reply but in the meantime thought would float this here to see if anyone else had the same issue. Guessing that a piece of material has made it through the quality control process and has now found it's way to the glass. Of course -as we all know- all I see now is this fleck when I look at the watch!! Assume it will need to be professionally cleaned by Tudor to remove?

#2 ·
It's probably more common than most of us watch enthusiast would like. It's just, I would assume, a tiny piece of lint from when the watch was assembled.
They must use a cloth to wipe the dial, and sometimes a tiny piece of the material comes off, and is annoyingly, deposited on the dial.

#3 ·
Yes you are probably right but I think it actually looks like a piece of yellow plastic similar to the second hand! Have contacted the retailer and they said bring it back and they will send back to Tudor to have professionally cleaned etc... But you are right it's proper annoying as yellow on a black dial watch isn't exactly a good thing unless by design!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.