WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

YM on the jobsite

706 views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  SLWoodster 
#1 ·
i happened across this handyman video of some drainage repair and, aside from when he was using a sledgehammer, was wearing his YM the whole time.

including while applying primer and glue to some PVC, which is the part that made me cringe a bit.

#4 ·
Why wouldn’t he wear it? Just because most here baby their watches and wont even get them wet, others will. Looks like he’s got a decent following on the tube so I say legit. Back in the day I wore my Submariner on building sites while working to pay my college courses and tests. I remember on one spray painting job it got covered in white acrylic over spray, literally covered. It took about 2 weeks of showering and a nail brush to get that lot off. People are just too precious about what is essentially something for telling the time and not jewellery.

#11 ·
I respect this guy.

It's awesome to see people who wear their timepieces as actual tool watches bc that's how I feel Rolex sets themselves apart from the other fine watchmakers. IMHO, reliability and versatility are important marques of luxury. It bothers me when the wife won't let me take the submariner diving. But I understand, the pricing for these pieces are just... insane.

I build homes and manage properties in california. Good tradesmen are always booked and the money is good. If they are excellent, organized, and licensed they easily make 6 figures in many areas. This guy probably just decided he didn't need the new 2" steel pipe threader ($10k) or a new diesel with tool lockers ($45k). Or, he got it for a special occasion, like a wedding.

Here's my GMT from when I had to do some handyman work after an investor mtg.

Glass Hand Lantern Shoe

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.