Your first Rolex
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Your first Rolex

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Your first Rolex

I was having a conversation with my fiance about watch purchases and she mentioned that the few people she knows who own/wear Rolexes all received them to commemorate certain milestones - marriage, a career milestone, or some other major life event.

So Rolex peeps, why did you purchase your first Rolex? Was it to commemorate an event in your life, or was it an "I always wanted one, and when I could afford one I jumped on it" situation?
    DJSTEVEZ likes this.

Qui audet adipiscitur

Re: Your first Rolex

"I always wanted one, and when I could afford one I jumped on it" was true for my first used/vintage purchase. not sure if i'd follow the same logic for a marriage or life marking event.

I actually did *not* always want one. But once I realized I did, no way was I waiting for a special occasion. By that point I already knew it was destined to be the first of several. This hobby is so bad.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Never wanted one. Always thought watches were unnecessary man jewelry and mostly feel the same. However, fell between hobbies and needed to waste money on something. Friends recommended watches as something I can get out of with minimal loss if/when I get bored. Tried Tudor and IWC which were unsatisfying, then tried Rolex which seemed to fill the false need better.
    B79 likes this.

Got mine as combination 40th bd present and wedding gift. I was originally considering a bell & ross and several chopards. After trying on a polar it was basically a done deal.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Have: DOXA SUB1200t, Omega SMPq, Oris Diver Small Second Hand, Rolex Explorer II (w), Seiko Prospex SUN023, Tag Heuer Monza, Victorinox DM500q
    Want: Something dressy

Your first Rolex

My Submariner was a gift my wife and I had saved for a year to commemorate me completing my doctorate degree in nursing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by malern; 5 Days Ago at 04:54.

Bought a vintage datejust to start my watch trading journey.

I bought my BLNR in June of last year to commemorate both a major career achievement (a realization of a 20-year goal, which has also significantly loosened things up for me financially), and 15 years of marriage (which hasn't).

It's my first and so far only Rolex, and I doubt I will ever willingly part with it.

I also bought my wife a Rolex Datejust (Fluted, Jubilee, Romans, black dial) for the 15-year anniversary, but she already had an OP (white "Explorer" dial) as her daily wear, which was acquired for no particular occasion.
    malern, calvincc, cybercat and 3 others like this.

My first Rolex was a HS graduation gift from my parents in 1984

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought my first Rolex about a month ago, no special occasion, my obsession with quality watches finally culminated with me trying a Rolex after convincing myself for years that they were just hype and paying for the name. But after progressively moving up in quality from what I thought were expensive $200 Seikos and Citizens to more expensive Seikos with sapphire crystals and Hamiltons with Swiss automatic movements I've come to appreciate the quality of Rolex and realized that yes, I might be paying some for the name, but they're the best built watch I've had and the quality and movement accuracy has made me a believer.
    TypeSly likes this.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information