Ambit 3 Peak pairing problems with new suunto app on android

Thread: Ambit 3 Peak pairing problems with new suunto app on android

Ambit 3 Peak pairing problems with new suunto app on android

Hi. I am currently having trouble with the pairing of my ambit 3 peak to any of my android devices when using the new suunto app. I have had the paired with the old movescount app but this new one wont pair. The device comes up in the pair screen on the app and it then says pairing and might take a while and after about 10 seconds, it says pairing has failed please try again. I have followed the instructions of removing old movescount apps etc from my android devices and unpairing on the watch etc but nothing works.

Is there a fix for this that anyone has found due to having the same problem. I dont want to have to upgrade to a new watch just because the software is now incompatable as the watch is perfect.

Thanks for any advice.

Re: Ambit 3 Peak pairing problems with new suunto app on android

For Ambit3/Traverse pairing must be started from the watch. Just checked to make sure everything still works and it does
    * unpair from phone's(!) bluetooth settings / connected device list
    * unpair from watch
    * start pairing from watch(!)
    * open suunto app, select watch icon, pairing starts
    * select your A3P
    * enter pin

I'm currently using latest Android beta (4.9.0) with A3P and Android 9.

Thanks for the reply. I get everything on your list and it fails after selecting ambit 3 peak and before allowing me to enter a pin. Any ideas?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Some phones and/or Android versions might be more picky than others, yet you were able to pair with Movescount app..
    It's a long shot for sure, but is it possible that some other bluetooth device is constantly scanning and is trying to connect to the watch at the same time? If you say "Android devices" , maybe try switching off BT on other nearby phones & tablets while pairing? If the watch is in some kind of weird limbo state, forcing a firmware update through Moveslink2 might also help, just make sure watch is synced as this will also erase all Moves from watch logbook.

I think i might just have to give up. Connecting ambit 3 to pc, movescount shows it connecting and syncing moves but on movescount page (internet) nothing comes up and im not sure why. Also tried to install movescount on android devices again and remove suunto app (new one) and still nothing. Just fails to pair. My guess is suunto are screwing all the old watches to force people to upgrade. Not happy.

I have found out that i can connect my ambit 3 peak to my phone with a otg usb adapter and use the "Ambit Connect" app to download moves. These can then be sent to strava for more of a movescount type of data interface. I cant change settings or activities etc with it but at least i can still view all my moves etc. Still would like to be able to use movescount and sync via bluetooth but it just wont work. It comes up to select it to pair and shows the serial number of the watch but just fails and wont show a passcode. Very strange.

I have the same problem with my Ambit 3 Sport. Pairs with Movescount without any issues but won't even show up on the new Suunto app. I have a Spartan already linked to the app though. Anyone have more than one watch linked to the new app?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Thread Information