Ambit and desktop software
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Ambit and desktop software

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ambit and desktop software

This may interest some Ambit users - I saw something on DC Rainmaker's site about a desktop app for logging training / GPS tracks called Neotrack (google it). I asked the developer yesterday whether there were any plans to add support for importing the Ambit's xml file format, he asked me to send an example log file, which I did, and he added support within a day of my original email! I've not played with it much yet, but initial impressions are pretty good, and it allows you to export your Ambit logs to gpx and tcx formats. Provides a nice offline alternative to movescount. It seems to be importing the GPS altitude data from the logs rather than the barometric samples, I've asked him if it's possible to change this or make it an option when importing.

Note I have no affiliation with the developer or application.

Re: Ambit and desktop software

Neat, thanks for the info. Have you tried to pull data off the Ambit without a network connection? For example, can moveslink download to xml without being able to connect to movescount?

I believe it is supposed to - I seem too remember reading something written by a suunto rep that it would. But I haven't tried it. I'll test it out tomorrow.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The Mac only app rubiTrack syncs directly from the Suunto folder in your library. The developer is very responsive and is planning on adding Ambit support soon. I have been using this to sync my t6c data for years. The program is excellent and will export a .tcx or .gpx file allowing you to do what you want with it. So this is one option for now for those that have Macs. The app is available on the Mac app store. Let me know if you have more questions.

Quote Originally Posted by twelveone View Post
    I believe it is supposed to - I seem too remember reading something written by a suunto rep that it would. But I haven't tried it. I'll test it out tomorrow.
    I was curious, so I recorded 30 seconds of data and pulled my network cable:

Name:  moveslink_nonet.jpg
Views: 5431
Size:  38.3 KB

And there's a brand new xml file in c:\users\cobra\AppData\Roaming\Suunto\Moveslink2

Pretty slick.

Schweet.

One thing to note with these local log files - they get deleted when you do an update of moveslink. I had 3 files in there, and the other day moveslink downloaded an update, after it had finished they were gone. Just something to bear in mind if you want to archive these files somewhere else.

It would be great to have an iPad/iPhone app for holding and displaying data from the ambit. It could use a iPod/iPad port adapter to USB, like the iPad camera adapter. This would solve the log size issue for those out in the field for more than 16 hours!

Thanks for the tip on Neotrack. I just downloaded it to try it out and it looks pretty good. Imported an Ambit track and mapped it no problem.

Does anyone know if the software Moveslink2 works on 2 different laptops? I have a small netbook (MSI Wind u100) that i use for making routes on my Garmin device for my Motorcycle (BMW R1200GS Adventure)

Greetzz,
    Geert

Quote Originally Posted by Goost View Post
    Does anyone know if the software Moveslink2 works on 2 different laptops? I have a small netbook (MSI Wind u100) that i use for making routes on my Garmin device for my Motorcycle (BMW R1200GS Adventure)
    That should not be a problem. The moveslink only syncs data between the watch and movescount.com, can't see any problem of doing that from multiple computers. (I can test it when I get time, unless someone beet me too it.. :)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information