Ambit3 - Move not synced with Movescount
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Ambit3 - Move not synced with Movescount

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hi! My fist post on this forum :)

Few days ago I was cycling, and as it was quite a long ride, my Ambit3's battery ran out during the move. I got notification that I should charge the battery, the move recordng stopped automatically and got saved to the watch. But when I connected the watch to computer, the move didn't get synchronised with Movescount. I can see it on the watch, it's still there, but no way to get it to Movescount. I tried many things like deleting the Moveslink2 files (.log, .xml), but this seems to work for older Ambits, not for v3 :( Does any of you have any experience how to get a certain move from the watch to Movescount?

Thanks! :)

Re: Ambit3 - Move not synced with Movescount

Delete completely Moveslink2 and reinstall.

Tried that as well - it doesn't help. I don't get the .sml file of that move to the computer at all :(

I sent a support request to Suunto, but they seem quite inactive as I haven't received any answer yet (except the ticket #), even if it's almost one week already after the inquiry. I hope I'll be able to get the move to Movescount, before it's overridden by the new moves...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Any idea on this?

I have a similar problem where I accidentally deleted a move from Movescount using the iOS app. The move & data is still on my Ambit 3. Anyway to sync that again? I tried syncing with the iOS app but that does nothing. Same with my Mac, even tried deleting all the Application data and the Moveslink2 altogether, but doesn't seem to work. The .sml log file for the move just doesn't import at all. I tried recording another dummy activity, and that imported normally.

The Moveslink2 sync doesn't do anything if the computer is not connected to the internet. It seems that it does some check on the server if the move is/was imported at some point, and if so, it doesn't let you import that again. Even if it was deleted at some point. It's ridiculous that it doesn't give the user the option to decide what to import. The data is all there but the logic is not.
    Last edited by shania176; August 10th, 2015 at 20:09.

Logic might also say if you delete the move from Movescount then you don't want it to reappear next time you sync your Ambit. There is a way to get it to resync. Suunto support has some instructions if you contact them. There are also instructions buried somewhere in this forum but I can't find them

ayn

This happened to me twice with my Ambit3 Run. Both times, I did 3 activities in a row: warm up, the actual track workout, and then cool down. And the workout move did not sync with Movescount, with the iPhone app or Moveslink2 on my Mac. I called Suunto and the CSR was not helpful at all and said she would send me some instructions of things to try via email in 20-30 minutes. I got the instructions and it just told me to remove library.xml and Settings.xml and try again, which didn't work. And then it asked me to re-install Moveslink2, which didn't work either.

I sent them diagnostic logs, photo of my logbook on the watch and screenshot of Movescount training log to show them the missing move. Not sure what they could do about it. I feel like even though I hated most things about the Garmin 620 I had, the fact that the watch shows up as a USB mass storage device was nice coz I was able to get to the files directly and do whatever I want. There are also a lot more tools for the Garmin file format than sml.

Also, both times after a move didn't sync, the watch shows 100% memory full warning. Last time I just force firmware update which erased all my moves, this time I'll see if I can get it synced somehow before I have to do that.

If I just do a single activity for warm up, workout, and cool down, it would've worked. But to me the point of having a dedicated GPS watch is so I could do things like this easily from my wrist. I have about 10 days to return this so hopefully I can resolve this by then, otherwise I might have to go back to Garmin. Sigh.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by ayn; August 20th, 2015 at 09:21.

Quote Originally Posted by pjc3 View Post
    Logic might also say if you delete the move from Movescount then you don't want it to reappear next time you sync your Ambit. There is a way to get it to resync. Suunto support has some instructions if you contact them. There are also instructions buried somewhere in this forum but I can't find them

here it is:
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/f233/i-...ploading+again

but you need the original downloaded SML file to do this, if you synced with the iphone, you are lost, cause you have no easy access to the data file structure
    pjc3 likes this.

This is why I just deleted the app from my phone. The minor convenience of not having to connect your watch to the cable (which you still need to do every week or so to charge) is vastly outweighed by not having the SML files, many of which I want to save for later use in other programs. Besides, most of the time my phone doesn't sync automatically. I have to open the app and go to the ambit3 page and even then it will take its sweet time to sync, by which time I'll have already connected the cable to the watch.

ayn

You would think if the move is still in the logbook there would be a way to download it. :(

So I wonder if the moves are actually kept on the the phone memory for a period of time, but just hidden. Or whether they are deleted as soon as the move is passed on to Movescount on the PC? If they are kept on the phone for a few weeks like on the PC hard drive, then it would be nice to know how (or if) they can be accessed.

I just wish they would be visible and that the app wouldn't delete them, so that I can put the app back on my phone. :(

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information