Deleted Move on Suunto Android App
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By margusl

Thread: Deleted Move on Suunto Android App

Deleted Move on Suunto Android App

I accidentally deleted a Move in Suunto app and even seeing this Move in my Ambit3 I cannot resync it.

I've read some old threads on this subject but I believe the Moveslink software has changed the structure of files,
    for that reason the 2013 and 2014 answers no longer work. Suunto Support said not be possible to Movescount resync this specific Move but
    I want to explore all the possibilities.

Any tips?

Re: Deleted Move on Suunto Android App

Modifying sml and storage files still works quite the same way, no (major) changes there, just few weeks ago I had a reason to re-load few deleted Moves back to Movescount. But your problem is in Movescount mobile app - when Move is synced to phone, it also gets flagged as "synced" on watch itself which causes Moveslink2 to ignore it. As Moveslink will not download it from watch, there are no files to modify.

Depending on how much effort you are willing to put into this and how tech-savvy you are, you *might* have some luck with https://github.com/openambitproject/openambit , for A3 you most likely need to check some other forks and build it yourself. At least there are some positive reports. Building and running requires linux, but you can use virtualization - VirtualBox, VMware or anything else that can handle USB pass through.
    Last edited by margusl; August 23rd, 2016 at 19:03.

Thank you margusl. You are right probably the flag "synced" is the biggest issue here. Even considering the possibility to go diving into the 'Suunto deep web' using openambit I prefer to try first the option with the SML and storage files (I forgot to mention I also have this Move file on my computer). Can you provide more details about the changes I need to try in order to reload the Move on Movescount?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I'm assuming you are running Moveslink2 on Windows. And by "Move file" you mean a SML file under %userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\Suunto\Moveslink2 (C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Suunto\Movesl ink2) ? In that case you just need to modify start time in sml-file, then look for library.xml at the same folder and change section of your Move to look like it has not synced to Movescount.

First make sure Moveslink2 is really closed, gone from system tray, back up files you are about to change and open that sml-file (named like <ambitserialnumber>-<date>T<time>.sml), in some text-editor, even Notepad will do. Look for first <DateTime> field, it's somewhere near top, in first 30 .. 50 lines and at the end of <Header> section. Change <DateTime> value to be second or few earlier, i.e.
    <DateTime>2016-08-06T10:45:54</DateTime> becomes
    <DateTime>2016-08-06T10:45:53</DateTime> , Movescount will reject a Moves with exactly the same start time, even if first uploaded Move has been deleted. Save the file and change the filename of your sml-file, just in case, so Moveslink2 would not overwite it, just add _ to the beginning.

Now open library.xml in editor and look for a <Log> section that matches your Move, change <LogTime> to mach your change in sml-file, change <SmlFilename> to mach your renamed sml-file and delete <MCStatusCode> and <MCSyncTime> lines from that same section. If you save library.xml and run Moveslink2, it should give a warning that there is 1 Move pending. If you now connect your watch, and let it sync, that Move with modified start time should show up in Movescount.
    rdm01 likes this.

Fantastic Margusl, everything works just fine. Moveslink and Movescount re-sync the Move (just as you said) after changes in the SML files on computer. Thank you so much for your time creating a very detailed script making all this process a lot more easy than it really is.

Quote Originally Posted by margusl View Post
    I'm assuming you are running Moveslink2 on Windows. And by "Move file" you mean a SML file under %userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\Suunto\Moveslink2 (C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Suunto\Movesl ink2) ? In that case you just need to modify start time in sml-file, then look for library.xml at the same folder and change section of your Move to look like it has not synced to Movescount.

First make sure Moveslink2 is really closed, gone from system tray, back up files you are about to change and open that sml-file (named like <ambitserialnumber>-<date>T<time>.sml), in some text-editor, even Notepad will do. Look for first <DateTime> field, it's somewhere near top, in first 30 .. 50 lines and at the end of <Header> section. Change <DateTime> value to be second or few earlier, i.e.
    <DateTime>2016-08-06T10:45:54</DateTime> becomes
    <DateTime>2016-08-06T10:45:53</DateTime> , Movescount will reject a Moves with exactly the same start time, even if first uploaded Move has been deleted. Save the file and change the filename of your sml-file, just in case, so Moveslink2 would not overwite it, just add _ to the beginning.

Now open library.xml in editor and look for a <Log> section that matches your Move, change <LogTime> to mach your change in sml-file, change <SmlFilename> to mach your renamed sml-file and delete <MCStatusCode> and <MCSyncTime> lines from that same section. If you save library.xml and run Moveslink2, it should give a warning that there is 1 Move pending. If you now connect your watch, and let it sync, that Move with modified start time should show up in Movescount.

Many thank for all suggestion. It's work.

But I have some new problem that I difference from this issue.

In that day I have two moves, And I already deleted them all.

Anyway as I have done follow above step. I found only one .sml file, that after re-sync it's back.
    But this did not move that I need.

After check on the AM3 found they have 2 start times move 5.33 and 6.00 that i checked on .sml file have only 5.33 file.

That anyone ever like this.
    coudl you please help to the suggestion.

Thanks,

Thread Information