Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By ahstein
  • 1 Post By magullo
  • 1 Post By islands62
  • 2 Post By Maddog1970

Thread: Elementum Terra

Elementum Terra

All,

I've been a fan of Suunto for a while now, but only just discovered this (now discontinued) model heavily discounted on the web. I love the features of the Core but have never been a fan of the plastic case and strap. The ET is the complete opposite. It's solid and substantial and the silicone strap is soft and very comfortable. The display is sharp and crystal clear.

Over the July 4th weekend I had the opportunity to wear it on a puddle jumper to an island in Lake Erie. I sat right behind the pilot and could check the watch's altitude reading against the plane's altimeter and I was delighted to find that it tracked nearly perfectly up to the highest point of 2100 feet and then back down to the ground.

This watch doesn't seem to get a lot of love on this forum. It might have something to do with the original price point of the watch, which was admittedly way too high.

Curious who else has one of these and if you're enjoying it. Here is a shot of mine as we approached cruising altitude.

--Andy S.

Name:  20190702_122049.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  98.5 KB
    magullo likes this.

Re: Elementum Terra

In the era of pre smart watches and fitness objects, ET had always been one of my greatest desire. Price prevented me from buying. Now it’s very easy to find it at a good price, even from Suunto store itself.
    Great watch, nice catch.
    BrianMcKay likes this.
    Citizen AS2025-09E
    Timex WS4 T49841
    Casio MTD 1051
    Garmin Forerunner 210

I had one for a few years. Its a very cool piece, but I found it not as friendly for a UI point of view (I want to say I had to fiddle with it a bit to reset some of the counters), and less useful than say, an Apple Watch or even the Tissot T-Touch that it replaced. But I can't say anything negative about the build of the watch itself...maybe it had a fairly short battery life.
    magullo likes this.
    Breguet Type XX, IWC Aquatimer Chronograph "Jacques Yves Cousteau", IWC Portuguese Automatic, JLC Deep Sea Cermet, JLC Tribute to Polaris 1965, Omega Speedmaster Professional, Panerai 233 "Dot", Panerai 439 Oro Rosso, Patek Philippe 5130G World Time, Rolex Datejust, Rolex Seadweller, Vacheron Constantin Overseas Chronograph 49150, Vacheron Constantin Patrimony Traditionnelle Chronograph.

IG: bvllitt

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Just snagged the negative display, black cased version for US$245.....could not pass it up.
    BrianMcKay and magullo like this.
    I have been trying reaallllly hard to keep it below 20, but have just given up now.
    Watches - to many
    Brand - lots

Thread Information