Hi from new member with Traverse Alpha Foliage on the way
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Hi from new member with Traverse Alpha Foliage on the way

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Off Topic post Hi from new member with Traverse Alpha Foliage on the way

It was time to get a replacement for my venerable Suunto X6 (which works fine, BTW, but I can't find replacement straps for the life of me). I had a Nixon Mission for awhile, but realized that I really just wanted an ABC watch without the Android madness. I'm looking forward to the Alpha, and I'm sure I'll have some questions in the future.

Re: Hi from new member with Traverse Alpha Foliage on the way

Hello new member !

how is the Nixon Mission ? I considered it for a while before asking myself, do I really need a smartwatch ?

I'm sure you will be happy with your new Traverse. have a good day

Quote Originally Posted by wydim View Post
    Hello new member !

how is the Nixon Mission ? I considered it for a while before asking myself, do I really need a smartwatch ?
    The watch itself is beautiful and it feels really solid. Unfortunately for me, I realized soon after buying it that Android Wear was just an extension of the phone, and it's just easier to look at the phone. I gave Android Wear 2.0 a chance, but it just wasn't working for me.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by CopperCube View Post
    The watch itself is beautiful and it feels really solid. Unfortunately for me, I realized soon after buying it that Android Wear was just an extension of the phone, and it's just easier to look at the phone. I gave Android Wear 2.0 a chance, but it just wasn't working for me.
    Hey copperCube

how you liking your Traverse alpha? I've had 3 of them. I received my first watch this year for Xmas. Was an issue with the glass out of the box that made it not waterproof. Suunto sent me a new one. Out of the box second watch would not turn on. Charged it because I thought the battery was dead. Never worked. Sent it back for repairs. turned out the Operating system was glitched. They sent me a new one. New one has Dead pixels and the strap is so crooked It could be a boomerang. love the watch but hate the quality they lack...

Here are some pics of my watch and my issues...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by marktrav View Post
    Hey copperCube

how you liking your Traverse alpha? I've had 3 of them. I received my first watch this year for Xmas. Was an issue with the glass out of the box that made it not waterproof. Suunto sent me a new one. Out of the box second watch would not turn on. Charged it because I thought the battery was dead. Never worked. Sent it back for repairs. turned out the Operating system was glitched. They sent me a new one. New one has Dead pixels and the strap is so crooked It could be a boomerang. love the watch but hate the quality they lack...
    I'm liking it so far. The only thing I don't quite like is the long strap. It almost wraps around twice on my (apparently small) wrists. I read in another thread that it's this long so you can wear it over clothing. I think the Fins must just have giant wrists! I haven't had the opportunity to do any hiking with it, so I haven't really interfaced with the Movescount app yet. I'm still contemplating getting a silicon strap for it, but I would probably get the proper tools to remove the pins first. Sorry to hear about your troubles. I hope Suunto makes it right!

Quote Originally Posted by CopperCube View Post
    I'm liking it so far. The only thing I don't quite like is the long strap. It almost wraps around twice on my (apparently small) wrists. I read in another thread that it's this long so you can wear it over clothing. I think the Fins must just have giant wrists! I haven't had the opportunity to do any hiking with it, so I haven't really interfaced with the Movescount app yet. I'm still contemplating getting a silicon strap for it, but I would probably get the proper tools to remove the pins first. Sorry to hear about your troubles. I hope Suunto makes it right!
    OK, 'twice' is a gross exaggeration, but there's a lot of extra strap flapping around after it's on my wrist. I bought a 24-mm silicone loop to put on the end, which sort of helps stop it from catching on things and generally looking goofy.

yeah.. i have the same issue with the strap.. i just fold the extra back onto itself..

just wondering.. when you put your display inverted (black background ) do you get the same issue that I have? does the black fill the entire screen or does it stop short?

thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by marktrav View Post
    yeah.. i have the same issue with the strap.. i just fold the extra back onto itself..

just wondering.. when you put your display inverted (black background ) do you get the same issue that I have? does the black fill the entire screen or does it stop short?

thanks!
    I had a look yesterday, and the screen is filled completely. I'm assuming that if the watch in your pics is a replacement watch that was sent by Suunto, they will replace it again under warranty.

I haven't done this for a screen check (I did it to see absolute pressure), but if you go to the (I forget the exact name) diagnostics window, you can do a screen check. I think you have to hold the top left and right buttons down together for 11 s, and then it will go to the diagnostics screen with various choices. The manual will have the exact info.

Well, I'm revisiting this thread after a couple of years of use. I'm still loving the watch itself, but the strap has got to go. It just always seems to slip down to my hand unless I have it on VERY tight, which gets uncomfortable. I've tried washing it, but after a couple of years it smells a little funky, and it's getting crusty (as am I).

I'm looking at getting a silicon strap. I like the Traverse Graphite strap, or maybe black. I looked at ISOfrane straps too. Nice, but pricey.

Can anyone who changed from the nylon strap to a silicone chime in with impressions?
    Thx!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information