Meet the Suunto Ambit3 Vertical! - Page 11
Like Tree118Likes

Thread: Meet the Suunto Ambit3 Vertical!

Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Re: Meet the Suunto Ambit3 Vertical!

Quote Originally Posted by mharris660 View Post
    It's aimed at anyone who doesn't need to see the watch face. I gave up on neg displays because of Suunto.
    Eh? All Ambit's can be either positive or negative display. For other, non-selectable pos/neg, watches I kind of agree. Although, I don't purchase ANY negative only display watches.

Can't argue much about this tracking I'd say: teriemers 0:56 t Løb Move - I had my 920 with two footpods (two pair of shoes) along for calibrating on the track. I brought the A3V too just for fun. Weather was light rain.

Edit: Here's two almost comparable tracks, most of the route is going through the same area. Tell me which one is best...

A3V: http://www.movescount.com/da/moves/m...-month=2015-10
    A3P: http://www.movescount.com/da/moves/m...able-year=2016
    Last edited by Teriemer; January 24th, 2016 at 22:16.
    -------------------
    Teriemer
    Space
    My devices
    For running..: Polar V800 w/Stryd or
    FR 645m w/Stryd
    For biking.....: Edge 1030 w/Assioma Duo
    or Stages on the trail
    Previous units: All from Garmin, Polar and Suunto

Do you know if vibration can be triggered from an app? I havent seen any changes in the programming reference guide. I wonder if by triggering a beep, also a vibration will be triggered. It seems you cannot either use performance index in apps.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by danielp27 View Post
    Do you know if vibration can be triggered from an app? I havent seen any changes in the programming reference guide. I wonder if by triggering a beep, also a vibration will be triggered. It seems you cannot either use performance index in apps.
    You can set up both from the PC (I guess the mobile app would work too). Settings are, beep on: All, Buttons off, all off and vibrate on: All, Buttons off, all off
    -------------------
    Teriemer
    Space
    My devices
    FR 645m w/Stryd
    or Stages on the trail

Quote Originally Posted by Teriemer View Post
    You can set up both from the PC (I guess the mobile app would work too). Settings are, beep on: All, Buttons off, all off and vibrate on: All, Buttons off, all off
    thanks, i actually meant from suunto apps. Imagine from instance an app which will remind you when to drink during a marathon. Is it possible to trigger a vibration?

Quote Originally Posted by danielp27 View Post
    thanks, i actually meant from suunto apps. Imagine from instance an app which will remind you when to drink during a marathon. Is it possible to trigger a vibration?
    I don't think so at the moment. Currently apps are not supporting vibrating yet (to my knowledge). I have created quite a few apps, so I'm not a noob I checked the other day, and there you couldn't. But I would guess this would be implemented. It should be fairly simple to do. Also to create an app for you to remind you to drink during a marathon is not a big deal.
    -------------------
    Teriemer
    Space
    My devices
    FR 645m w/Stryd
    or Stages on the trail

I don't think so at the moment. Currently apps are not supporting vibrating yet (to my knowledge). I have created quite a few apps, so I'm not a noob I checked the other day, and there you couldn't. But I would guess this would be implemented. It should be fairly simple to do. Also to create an app for you to remind you to drink during a marathon is not a big deal.
    thanks for the info. i hope you are right, Suunto hasnt added any new variables to the apps API since ambit2 time.

New first look at the Vertical:

Last Wednesday, I received my Suunto Ambit3 Vertical. Having a new hardware design – a recycled Traverse – it presents itself more as an Ambit 3.5 than one of the existing range.

https://zestuart.wordpress.com/2016/...he-ambit-line/

Others report same level of accuracy as A3 Peak. Check the comments below the article. For my very first run the other day; zero issues. I'll post more files for info, once they're done.

Also, Ray seems to favor Garmin in most cases. When the F3 came out he didn't find any GPS issues with his unit, though almost everyone else did... Again with the FR630, on the instant pace displaying, once again limited mentioning. I returned the FR630 for the very same reason. Instant was - and still is - totally useless for interval trainings (lags like hell). Try go into a Forrest and you can totally forget it.

So I'd say his input is relative. Wait to judge until more have shared their experiences. Also, note firmware version is 1.0.0. So updates with improvements will come down the road.
    100% agree.

deporteporvida.com
    deporteporvida.com

Multisport:
    Suunto Ambit3 Peak
    Former: Suunto Spartan Ultra | Polar V800 | Suunto Ambit3 Vertical | Suunto Ambit3 Sport | Garmin Fenix 3 | Garmin Edge 520 | Garmin FR920XT | Suunto Ambit2 | Garmin Fenix 2 | Garmin FR620 | Garmin FR610SE | Garmin FR405 | many others

Well, I got my new A3 Vertical just today. I did a trail run this afternoon wearing the ambit3 vertical in the right hand and my ambit3 sport in the left one.

It was a 12 km trail run in a winter forest. Ambit3 Sport drew as usual a good track and measured the usual distance too. Ambit3 Vertical distance (12.21 km) is shorter than Ambit3 Sport (12.55 km). MyGPSFiles shows even bigger difference.

Here the comparison

As I said it was my very fist run with it. Will see next days how the distances and tracks are. Traverse users reported accuracy improvements when suunto enabled GLONASS.
    martowl likes this.

Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread Information