Meet the Suunto Ambit3 Vertical! - Page 31
Like Tree118Likes

Thread: Meet the Suunto Ambit3 Vertical!

Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 LastLast

Re: Meet the Suunto Ambit3 Vertical!

The problem I reported in this post, https://forums.watchuseek.com/f233/me...l#post26144154 , unfortunately was not fixed in the latest firmware update. Tested yesterday and it didn't work. Workaround is to pair the 2nd bike's sensor as Bike 1, then it works fine. It's a minor annoyance, but there's no point in having Bike 1-2-3 profiles if the sensors only work properly when paired as Bike 1.

I've had a battery problem with my Vertical which has manifested itself on two separate occasions, on two different Vertical watches. The watches are both running the latest firmware and have been used regularly. Halfway through the day, battery at approx 45%, the watch starts to get quite warm and the battery starts rapidly depleting until empty. The watch is locked and not tracking any GPS activities Just wondering if anyone else had similar experience? I was so unsure about its reliability I didn't use it for running an ultra the other weekend and resorted back to my 920xt, not great

Quote Originally Posted by gingerjedi View Post
    I've had a battery problem with my Vertical which has manifested itself on two separate occasions, on two different Vertical watches. The watches are both running the latest firmware and have been used regularly. Halfway through the day, battery at approx 45%, the watch starts to get quite warm and the battery starts rapidly depleting until empty. The watch is locked and not tracking any GPS activities Just wondering if anyone else had similar experience? I was so unsure about its reliability I didn't use it for running an ultra the other weekend and resorted back to my 920xt, not great
    I didn't experiment something like this

deporteporvida.com
    deporteporvida.com

Multisport:
    Suunto Ambit3 Peak
    Former: Suunto Spartan Ultra | Polar V800 | Suunto Ambit3 Vertical | Suunto Ambit3 Sport | Garmin Fenix 3 | Garmin Edge 520 | Garmin FR920XT | Suunto Ambit2 | Garmin Fenix 2 | Garmin FR620 | Garmin FR610SE | Garmin FR405 | many others

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Tip for the GLONASS-enabled Vertical users who only ever sync via the Movescount app: you will likely get a faster fix time if you sync via the Moveslink2 app on a PC or Mac within 24 hours of your planned move. Last time I checked, the Movescount app only updates the GPS sgee file on the watch and not the GLONASS sgee. It appears at this stage that only Moveslink2 also updates the GLONASS sgee.
    Last edited by paul1928; May 20th, 2016 at 07:07.

Updating satelites via Moveslink tells the watch what to look for when trying to get a fix. After it got the minimum number of satelites (probably 4) you are good to go. Syncing in advance only reduces the time to find those minimum number of satelites. Accuracy has nothing to do with it (maybe just for the first few hundred meters until it finds more satelites, but that's it). Please correct me if I'm wrong.
    paul1928 likes this.
    "I know my limits. But I just ignore them"

Hello every one,

Pls. could some one did a real test of a new firmware to get the clearance with GPS+Glonass accuracy!
    and some new sperares about correction are there…

for Trail Running in the forest and mountains is it sufficiently accurate already?

I’ve only two weeks before weekend to do a choice Vertical or Smth else…
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by AirVetra View Post
    Hello every one,

Pls. could some one did a real test of a new firmware to get the clearance with GPS+Glonass accuracy!
    and some new sperares about correction are there…

for Trail Running in the forest and mountains is it sufficiently accurate already?

I’ve only two weeks before weekend to do a choice Vertical or Smth else…
    Thanks!
    If you were ambit3 user I think Vertical accuracy will not good for you. If not Vertical is not so bad to be unusable device for trail running. Actually I got ambit3 sport and vertical and most of time I wear the Vertical during my runs.

deporteporvida.com
    deporteporvida.com

Multisport:
    Suunto Ambit3 Peak
    Former: Suunto Spartan Ultra | Polar V800 | Suunto Ambit3 Vertical | Suunto Ambit3 Sport | Garmin Fenix 3 | Garmin Edge 520 | Garmin FR920XT | Suunto Ambit2 | Garmin Fenix 2 | Garmin FR620 | Garmin FR610SE | Garmin FR405 | many others

Quote Originally Posted by rdm01 View Post
    If you were ambit3 user I think Vertical accuracy will not good for you. If not Vertical is not so bad to be unusable device for trail running. Actually I got ambit3 sport and vertical and most of time I wear the Vertical during my runs.
    Thanks! And what about elevation data reliability? Now I use garmin 235 and for cycling - garmin edge 800 - and by no doubt garmin w/o barometric altimiter is not a device for trails and mountains...

Quote Originally Posted by AirVetra View Post
    Thanks! And what about elevation data reliability? Now I use garmin 235 and for cycling - garmin edge 800 - and by no doubt garmin w/o barometric altimiter is not a device for trails and mountains...
    Looks to me as accurate as Peak was. But I really don't care too much about the elevation gain.

deporteporvida.com
    deporteporvida.com

Multisport:
    Suunto Ambit3 Peak

Does anybody have a track comparison with Fenix 3?
    I'm ex-Ambit 3 Peak Sapphire user, now on Fenix 3. It's a great everyday tool, but not very strong in gps performance. Does it make sense to change the F3 for A3V regarding the gps performance? Is A3V better than F3 or are both on paar?
    Last edited by jhonzatko; May 29th, 2016 at 19:53.

Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 LastLast

Thread Information