Oh dear............... Movelink discrepancies... again!

Thread: Oh dear............... Movelink discrepancies... again!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Oh dear............... Movelink discrepancies... again!

Having looked in a bit more detail at the Moveslink data I can see some discrepancies in the data yet again. I'm assuming it isn't just me.

The problem area is as follows:

Compare the Easy, Moderate, Hard, Very Hard figures from the main data with that in the Bar Chart area. They don't match. I've checked many moves and they all show the same problem, they don't match.

The look at the VO2max figures, they don't match either. Anyone else seeing this?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Oh dear............... Movelink discrepancies... again!

Sorry, forgot that the charts adjust based on what you have selected in the graph! Ignore the pic above except for VO2max.

Name:  Screen Shot 2013-05-22 at 09.17.11.JPG
Views: 617
Size:  87.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by eeun View Post
    Sorry, forgot that the charts adjust based on what you have selected in the graph!
    What was the move length?

Interesting, the move details, shows 00:48 + 09:02 + 22:18 + 14:00 = 46:08

The bar chart is 00:57 + 08:45 + 23:48 + 12:36 = 46:06

Not much discepancy, but bizarre nonetheless.

I think I'll apply for a validation job @ Suunto

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I see similar discrepancies... the table of numbers and the numbers on the chart are off by seconds here and there. Have you let Suunto know? They have been very responsive when I have let them know of issues with Movescount, and it's important to bring it up with them to make sure they are aware. That said, they have already stated that there are still known issues with Movescount and they are being addressed periodically. So, hopefully this will be sorted out sooner rather than later.
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by ifarlow View Post
    I see similar discrepancies... the table of numbers and the numbers on the chart are off by seconds here and there. Have you let Suunto know? They have been very responsive when I have let them know of issues with Movescount, and it's important to bring it up with them to make sure they are aware. That said, they have already stated that there are still known issues with Movescount and they are being addressed periodically. So, hopefully this will be sorted out sooner rather than later.
    When transferring a training log from Garmin Connect to Movescount via MXActivity Mover I realized that the last portion of the training does not show up in the graphs. Training data is fully uploaded as the total duration and distance are shown in the exercise summary and the gps track is complete from start to end. However, the graphs only show the first ~ 95% of the training and the final section of the gps track is greyed out (i.e. 95% of the gpx track are colored automatically in term of HR / Elevation zone, etc. and the last ~ 5% remain greyed out).

I assume that Movescount does not take into account certain small sections of the training. It seems they are simply removed / filtered out in the course of uploading . Or it only takes into account the net moving time and only shows the portion of the exercise which is within this time period.

Example:
    Total exercise duration: 2hrs.
    Pausing: 0:15hrs.
    Net moving time: 1:45 hrs.

In the exercise summary movescount will correctly show 1:45hrs. for the exercise but in the graph view it possibly also only shows the data which is within the 1:45 hrs. period, i.e. the last 0:15hrs. of the exercise are not shown in the graphs.

Any other ideas / findings on this?

Best regards,
    Christian

Best regards,
    Christian
    Last edited by Cyberbob13; May 22nd, 2013 at 14:46.
    ALWAYS ON THE TRAILS ...

Quote Originally Posted by bowesmana View Post
    What was the move length?

Interesting, the move details, shows 00:48 + 09:02 + 22:18 + 14:00 = 46:08

The bar chart is 00:57 + 08:45 + 23:48 + 12:36 = 46:06

Not much discepancy, but bizarre nonetheless.

I think I'll apply for a validation job @ Suunto
    The move was 46 mins 08 secs. I agree, not that much but the data that's recorded should be the same as that after its uploaded and that should correlate across all table and graphs. We had this issue with energy/calories but Suunto eventually fixed that.

Quote Originally Posted by ifarlow View Post
    I havent let Suunto know yet and yes they are pretty responsive right now. I made a comment on here about some issues and they emailed me on Saturday. I responded and they thanked me yesterday. It's good to see.

I thought I'd see if anyone else had the issue before I let them know. I will do so now.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberbob13 View Post
    When transferring a training log from Garmin Connect to Movescount via MXActivity Mover I realized that the last portion of the training does not show up in the graphs. Training data is fully uploaded as the total duration and distance are shown in the exercise summary and the gps track is complete from start to end. However, the graphs only show the first ~ 90% of the training and the remaining section of the gps track is greyed out (no automatic coloring according to selected measures such as HR, Elevation, etc.).

I assume that Movescount does not take into account certain small sections of the training. It seems they are simply removed / filtered out in the course of uploading .

Best regards,
    Christian
    Possibly but the move data I showed was an import from the Ambit via Moveslink.

Quote Originally Posted by eeun View Post
    Possibly but the move data I showed was an import from the Ambit via Moveslink.
    I guess that Movescount calculates data in the same way, irrespective of the data source. I transferred rides and runs from Garmin Connect to Movescount for a long time now and never experienced this in the previous Movescount version.
    ALWAYS ON THE TRAILS ...

I checked mine, and yep getting the same issues

I reported this to [email protected] but they haven't even acknowledged to email this time. Make sure you all report this and hopefully they will resolve it. The did with the Ambit energy/calories issue but it did take 6 months. I'll post this issue on Facebook too.

I too have sent an email.

I tried via www.suunto.com > My Suunto > Contact Suunto.

But after typing the message and pressing "Send" the screen flashes and nothings is sent. Tried different web browsers, different computers, alas same issue. Have used this before an no problems. Looks like yet another issue!....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information