Question for Ambit3 owners

Thread: Question for Ambit3 owners

Question for Ambit3 owners

Quick question for current or previous Ambit3 owners, particularly the Peak.

When saving your current location as a POI, can you edit the coordinates during or after saving?

Just wondering if I can get around this MovesCount going away issue next year by buying a Peak at some point. My SSWHR Baro cannot, but I know the original Ambit allowed for this by edited the POI directly on the watch.

Thanks!

Re: Question for Ambit3 owners

Quote Originally Posted by chrishy View Post
    Quick question for current or previous Ambit3 owners, particularly the Peak.

When saving your current location as a POI, can you edit the coordinates during or after saving?

Just wondering if I can get around this MovesCount going away issue next year by buying a Peak at some point. My SSWHR Baro cannot, but I know the original Ambit allowed for this by edited the POI directly on the watch.

Thanks!
    In the "location" menu you have the choice of "current" or "define" Current can be edited for "type" eg POI, Water,Building etc only but define can be edited to allocate any coordinates and type. You can't edit once saved.

Philip,

Thanks a ton for the quick reply. That's great. Just wasn't sure if the Ambit3 series had the same capability as it's not documented in the user guide as far as I can tell, but it is in the original Ambit guide.

Guess maybe I'm gonna roll-back to an Ambit3 Peak. My hope would be that as time progresses, maybe more features will make it into the new Suunto App for the Spartan and Suunto 9 to allow for this capability. But if not, at least if I snag an Ambit3 Peak, I can just do this manually before a trip and store all the POIs manually. Kinda cumbersome if I have a ton of them, but still better than not having them at all.

Unfortunately, if I do this now, I'll have to give up routes. No way with the Suunto App currently to get routes onto an Ambit3 either. But the POI line-of-sight navigation is more important to me at this point I think.

What a nightmare. I hope Suunto cleans this mess up!!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by chrishy View Post
    What a nightmare. I hope Suunto cleans this mess up!!!
    Suunto has to compete in a mass market driven by "fitness" devices. It is a shame they have had to abandon their "outdoor" origins but unfortunately that is what the majority wants (apparently). I do believe they will have some legal implications if they with draw support and make their very expensive product (Ambit/Traverse series) unfit for advertised purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Philip Onayeti View Post
    Suunto has to compete in a mass market driven by "fitness" devices. It is a shame they have had to abandon their "outdoor" origins but unfortunately that is what the majority wants (apparently). I do believe they will have some legal implications if they with draw support and make their very expensive product (Ambit/Traverse series) unfit for advertised purpose.
    I think that’s what most Suunto owners fear at this point. As the premium brand in the Amer Sports conglomerate, I think they are going to bow to the lowest common denominator. And I agree, that probably means definitely leaning toward the athlete over the outdoor oriented user I’m afraid.

I guess for some of us, what’s old will be new again. Paper maps, compass, abc watch. I carry a Garmin Inreach on my treks as well, but the UI and Earthmate software are horrendously poor. It’s only real purpose is to summon a helicopter on the remote chance I need it.

Thread Information