Suunto Spartan Nato or Nylon Strap

Thread: Suunto Spartan Nato or Nylon Strap

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Suunto Spartan Nato or Nylon Strap

Does anybody know if the Suunto Spartan rubber strap can be replaced by a Nylon or even better with a Nato Strap?

Re: Suunto Spartan Nato or Nylon Strap

Quote Originally Posted by Acidham View Post
    Does anybody know if the Suunto Spartan rubber strap can be replaced by a Nylon or even better with a Nato Strap?
    Yes, indeed. I replaced the strap on my Spartan Sport with a Nylon "Quick Connect" type strap, and it works fine. I don't believe the ULTRA can be replaced however, so it depends on which Spartan you have. If you have the Sport, or the Sport Wrist Heart Rate, then any 24mm strap will work, although I got the one with the little pins that you can compress the retainer with. I got it off of E-bay.. 2 Piece RAF NATO Nylon Replacement Quick Release Watch Band

Currently I am owning a Traverse and plan to upgrade to Spartan but I don't know which one. The Nato Strap or Nylon strap is killer criteria and I cannot get the differences between Ultra and Sport. My use case is navigating when hiking and using the watch for cycling with heartbeat belt.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The Suunto website has a comparison tool you can use.
    Basically the Sport has less battery life and no barometric altitude sensor.
    Plus the the Wrist Heart Rate model is the Sport with added wrist heart rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Egika View Post
    The Suunto website has a comparison tool you can use.
    Basically the Sport has less battery life and no barometric altitude sensor.
    Plus the the Wrist Heart Rate model is the Sport with added wrist heart rate.
    And, don't forget, the Ultra strap, As far as I know isn't "changeable" unless it's with the $50 Suunto straps. The Sport will accept any 24mm strap, and as above, I chose the quick release types with the little slider pins in the back of the strap. The nylon strap was pretty stiff at first, but it's starting to soften up with use..

I use 24mm Nato and Zulu with my Spartan Sport, better than the original IMHO.
    https://www.miros-time.de/nato-bänder/nato-24-mm/
    https://www.miros-time.de/zulu-bänder/zulu-24-mm/

Quote Originally Posted by sb029111 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidham View Post
    Yes, indeed. I replaced the strap on my Spartan Sport with a Nylon "Quick Connect" type strap, and it works fine. I don't believe the ULTRA can be replaced however, so it depends on which Spartan you have. If you have the Sport, or the Sport Wrist Heart Rate, then any 24mm strap will work, although I got the one with the little pins that you can compress the retainer with. I got it off of E-bay.. 2 Piece RAF NATO Nylon Replacement Quick Release Watch Band
    I'm a Suunto 9 owner, from what I understood, Spartan sport, whr baro and Suunto 9 bands are interchangeable. So I try a quick release 24mm standard band for my Suunto 9 but the pin head spring bar is too small (0,8mm instead of 1,4mm of my 9 ). Could someone confirm the diameter of pinhead spring bar of ultra or sport? I also seen that Traverse has 24mm band width, but what is the diameter of pinhead spring bar?

Quote Originally Posted by renton82 View Post
    I'm a Suunto 9 owner, from what I understood, Spartan sport, whr baro and Suunto 9 bands are interchangeable. So I try a quick release 24mm standard band for my Suunto 9 but the pin head spring bar is too small (0,8mm instead of 1,4mm of my 9 ). Could someone confirm the diameter of pinhead spring bar of ultra or sport? I also seen that Traverse has 24mm band width, but what is the diameter of pinhead spring bar?
    Yes, I noticed this too, but forgot to update my previous post. What I did to solve this problem, is that I ordered several of these from E-bay, and while they're not the easiest thing to get installed in the strap, they certainly fix the problem.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-8mm-Quick...72.m2749.l2649

Quote Originally Posted by sb029111 View Post
    Yes, I noticed this too, but forgot to update my previous post. What I did to solve this problem, is that I ordered several of these from E-bay, and while they're not the easiest thing to get installed in the strap, they certainly fix the problem.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-8mm-Quick...72.m2749.l2649
    But 1.8mm is external diameter right? Internal is 1,4mm?

But 1.8mm is external diameter right? Internal is 1,4mm?
    Not sure, I didn't measure, just know that they worked a lot better than the one's that came on the strap (3rd party) originally. Try them, at a couple bucks, can't hurt.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information