Suunto Spartan Sport Wrist HR - Cumulative Ascent?

Thread: Suunto Spartan Sport Wrist HR - Cumulative Ascent?

Suunto Spartan Sport Wrist HR - Cumulative Ascent?

Hi,

Just purchased a Suunto Spartan Sport Wrist HR and am slowly getting used to it. My main sport is mountain biking and cumulative elevation/ascent is important to me. I have set the "ascent" reading on one of the screens and rode last night. It was a local ride I do frequently and know for a fact there was over 300m total climbing. Apparently only 71m ascent according to the watch. Once uploaded to Strava it was showing as about 330m.

It says 71m in Movescount also.

This would be a deal breaker if my watch cant give me cumulative ascent while out on the trail - does anyone know if/how I can fix this?

Thanks in advance,
    James.

Re: Suunto Spartan Sport Wrist HR - Cumulative Ascent?

Hi,

Altitude in your watch is based on GPS data only and all watches which uses GPS data for ascent/descent calculations are way off.

If altitude is so important for you you should get SSU or baro version which have internal barometer sensor to track altitude changes and are quite correct.

Quote Originally Posted by typerjim View Post
    Hi,

Just purchased a Suunto Spartan Sport Wrist HR and am slowly getting used to it. My main sport is mountain biking and cumulative elevation/ascent is important to me. I have set the "ascent" reading on one of the screens and rode last night. It was a local ride I do frequently and know for a fact there was over 300m total climbing. Apparently only 71m ascent according to the watch. Once uploaded to Strava it was showing as about 330m.

It says 71m in Movescount also.

This would be a deal breaker if my watch cant give me cumulative ascent while out on the trail - does anyone know if/how I can fix this?

Thanks in advance,
    James.
    Hi James,
    I use the Baro and Sport interchangeably and the GPS elevation is surprisingly good when compared with the Baro. I would give it a few more tests before you write it off. Strava overestimates elevation in my area significantly. Can you link the move on Movescount so we can have a look at the profile?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I am having this exact problem. 'Ascent' is given as being the difference between the highest and lowest altitude point recorded whereas I want it to be cumulative. Why is there no cumulative tally? I know your post was from 2018 but did you ever find a solution?

Cheers,

Maree

Thread Information