Suunto Spartan Ultra - Page 503
Like Tree2344Likes

Thread: Suunto Spartan Ultra

Page 503 of 503 FirstFirst ... 3 403 453 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503
Results 5,021 to 5,028 of 5028

Re: Suunto Spartan Ultra

Hi.

I use the new watchface (=suunto9)
    The external crown show the training time but inside, there is another crown. What doas it mean please ?

Thank you !

Quote Originally Posted by 321bigbang View Post
    Hi.

I use the new watchface (=suunto9)
    The external crown show the training time but inside, there is another crown. What doas it mean please ?

Thank you !
    Battery charge (kind of redundant since the percentage is shown as well...)
    magullo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Egika View Post
    Battery charge (kind of redundant since the percentage is shown as well...)
    Thank you !
    magullo likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I've read that the Spartan Ultra cannot calibrate the Stryd power pod. But I found this direct Suunto help.

CALIBRATING POWER POD

For power PODs (power meters), you need to initiate the calibration from the sport mode options in your watch.
    To calibrate a power POD:

1. Pair a power POD with your watch if you have not done so already.
    2. Select a sport mode that uses a power POD and then open the mode options.
    3. Select Calibrate power POD and follow the instructions in the watch.

You should re-calibrate the power POD from time to time.

If I go to Options in a sport mode with 'foot pod' as recommended by Stryd, I only see foot pod or power pod on/off, no calibration.
    magullo likes this.

I don't have a stryd, but I do use a 3rd party bike power pod for my road bike.
    When I go to Exercise -> Cycling -> Scroll down to the options -> The first option is "Calibrate power POD". The only thing this does is zero out the power POD in the current position, so it reads 0 W.

But you have to do all this on the watch like you would actually start an Exercise but instead of starting, you scroll down on the watch into "pre exercise" settings.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaka83 View Post
    I don't have a stryd, but I do use a 3rd party bike power pod for my road bike.
    When I go to Exercise -> Cycling -> Scroll down to the options -> The first option is "Calibrate power POD". The only thing this does is zero out the power POD in the current position, so it reads 0 W.

But you have to do all this on the watch like you would actually start an Exercise but instead of starting, you scroll down on the watch into "pre exercise" settings.
    So it can't fine-tune a measured distance.

As I have the Stryd pod I really need fine-tune calibration. Right now it's not much better than GPS, and I find that on my races they are measured long (like gps) so I have to workout that on average I need to run 4 secs faster than the watch is displaying.
    It's become so annoying, so I bought a Polar v800 which has fine-tuning for foot pods.

Still keeping Spartan Ultra for training and probably trail running, but I may find the Polar V800 is great for everything.

Here's hoping Suunto will add the fine-tune feature. I do like the Spartan Ultra high res screen.

Quote Originally Posted by -Laurie- View Post

As I have the Stryd pod I really need fine-tune calibration. Right now it's not much better than GPS, and I find that on my races they are measured long (like gps) so I have to workout that on average I need to run 4 secs faster than the watch is displaying.
    It's become so annoying, so I bought a Polar v800 which has fine-tuning for foot pods.

Still keeping Spartan Ultra for training and probably trail running, but I may find the Polar V800 is great for everything.

Here's hoping Suunto will add the fine-tune feature. I do like the Spartan Ultra high res screen.
    I'm not a runner and don't own a footpod, so I can't help you there. On my bike I just use a power meter on my pedals and that works fine, for speed and distance I use GPS which works perfectly for me.
    I do know that for hiking if I reset the watch it calibrates itself through cadence and GPS for steps and distance, but there is no manual adjustments for that and it just uses the internal accelerometer.

Quote Originally Posted by -Laurie- View Post

Can't you not fine tune your Stryd with their tool directly?

Thread Information