Suunto Traverse - Page 32
Like Tree280Likes

Thread: Suunto Traverse

Page 32 of 86 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 82 ... LastLast

Re: Suunto Traverse

Thanks, the method I use was one that worked well when I had to change straps on my Seiko 007, which had springbars that were difficult to remove, in my opinion. The springbars used in the Traverse are shoulderless and unfortunately, I could not get enough of my tool on the inner portion of the springbar to get it out, so the exacto blade helps with that.

I ordered up a couple different versions of the springbar from Otto Frei today and will let you know what I come up with when I get them, Double shoulder, flanged, double flanged, and easy release 1.8 and 2.0mm My only concern, with the flanged bar with the composite/plastic case is wallowing out the hole.

I am super happy with the watch so far and except for the minor difficulty getting the springbar out, which again, in my opinion does not take anything away from the watch. I am looking forward to taking it for a run tomorrow or Monday morning.

For those who got their Suunto Traverse, may I know if you can turn off the following functions?
    1. GPS
    2. Wireless (Or is it using bluetooth to receive notifications?)
    3. Bluetooth
    Just for the sake of saving energy if I don't need the location tracking function.
    Also, how fast does it charge , and how long has it lasted from your daily use.
    Thanks

Did a 3 mile run today at the park wearing my Ambit2 and the Traverse. This is the same run I do 3 or 4 times a week. I wanted to test how fast the GPS locked, updated, and the results on Movescount.

tl;dr version: It's only one test, but I didn't see any difference in GPS accuracy between the two watches. I wasn't wearing a heart rate belt for the Traverse, but all the GPS data was identical to the Ambit2, which is an engineering achievement, imo. The only complaint I had about the Ambit was the antenna nub.

The other thing I noticed was how much heavier the Ambit is than the Traverse. It's really noticeable when you have one on one wrist, and the other on the other. I think I'll probably still use the Ambit2 for tracking runs, just because I don't want to buy the HR belt for the Traverse. But as soon as I need a new belt, I'll probably get one.
    Akuji likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Anyone know. how many app I can install suunto traverse , is it with the limitations of 5 apps as same as the Ambit 3 ? or perhaps more?,

also I prefer my traverse watch band to be coral red in colour , like the one on A3 sport coral red edition

Quote Originally Posted by karokajoka View Post
    Did a 3 mile run today at the park wearing my Ambit2 and the Traverse. This is the same run I do 3 or 4 times a week. I wanted to test how fast the GPS locked, updated, and the results on Movescount.

tl;dr version: It's only one test, but I didn't see any difference in GPS accuracy between the two watches. I wasn't wearing a heart rate belt for the Traverse, but all the GPS data was identical to the Ambit2, which is an engineering achievement, imo. The only complaint I had about the Ambit was the antenna nub.

The other thing I noticed was how much heavier the Ambit is than the Traverse. It's really noticeable when you have one on one wrist, and the other on the other. I think I'll probably still use the Ambit2 for tracking runs, just because I don't want to buy the HR belt for the Traverse. But as soon as I need a new belt, I'll probably get one.
    Do you mind posting a link to your activities? One for the A2 and one for Traverse.

Thanks in advance
    -------------------
    Teriemer
    Space
    My devices
    For running..: Polar V800 w/Stryd or
    FR 645m w/Stryd
    For biking.....: Edge 1030 w/Assioma Duo
    or Stages on the trail
    Previous units: All from Garmin, Polar and Suunto

Have found initial impressions video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9-k04hnEAM

Hi guys, i am using a fenix 2 now which is in second RMA. i'm evaluating my next birthday gift (to myself:)). Could be fenix 3, A Peak or Traverse. I'm more than a little afraid from the garmin gps /reboot/... discussions so i am eagerly reading this thread. Would you guys advise the Ambit peak or traverse? I would use for running and hiking. I would like to wear all day. Traverse looks better, but I read r-r and fusespeed would be on ambit but not on traverse. Your thoughts? Any other important feature differences? Second question : anyone bought the traverse in europe? Where?

Quote Originally Posted by Akuji View Post
    Have found initial impressions video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9-k04hnEAM
    *raises hand* ;)

I'm working on a review, too, but that needs more time and should not, in my opinion, be rushed.
    en914 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriemer View Post
    Do you mind posting a link to your activities? One for the A2 and one for Traverse.

Thanks in advance

Sure.

This is the Traverse move: http://www.movescount.com/moves/move79531872

This is the same move with Ambit2:

http://www.movescount.com/moves/move79529156

One thing I found was when you open the move on the watch, it starts automatically. The Ambit gives you the ability to queue up the move, then start it once you're ready to go. Usually I walk for .2 mile before I start running. That's why the Traverse move is a little longer, and the overall time is off by just a bit, since I had it paused on the Traverse.

But overall if you look at the speed and pace comparison, they're basically identical. Definitely within the margin of error I'd expect for a GPS watch. I did notice on the couple of times I stopped to walk (I donated blood on Friday) that the average pace would update a little faster on the Ambit than the Traverse, but the end time and pace were the same. Maybe the interface on the Traverse doesn't update as fast as the Ambit, or maybe I just wasn't noticing it. It's still just one sample.

I'm planning on a five mile run today, and can post the results from that one too. Also, I guess it's just estimating my calorie burn from my personal data and the pace. The Traverse didn't have any heart rate belt or anything like that.

Also, just eyeballing the two graphs, it looks like the Traverse *might* be updating speed measurements more often than the Ambit2. I generally don't get that detailed with it - I just use it for running 3-4 times a week for 3 to 5 miles per run. I'm sure more serious athletes might care about that.
    dissipator16 and bruceames like this.

Quote Originally Posted by karokajoka View Post
    Sure.

This is the Traverse move: http://www.movescount.com/moves/move79531872

This is the same move with Ambit2:

http://www.movescount.com/moves/move79529156

It certainly looks promising for the bezel GPS, will be interesting to see how it plays out over the thousands of moves recorded by users.

I did notice on the couple of times I stopped to walk (I donated blood on Friday) that the average pace would update a little faster on the Ambit than the Traverse, but the end time and pace were the same. Maybe the interface on the Traverse doesn't update as fast as the Ambit, or maybe I just wasn't noticing it. It's still just one sample.
    I wonder if that has to do with the fact that the Traverse lacks FusedSpeed
    "A gentleman's choice of timepiece says as much about him as does his Savile Row suit." -- Ian Fleming

Page 32 of 86 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 82 ... LastLast

Thread Information