Suunto Traverse - Page 35
Like Tree280Likes

Thread: Suunto Traverse

Page 35 of 86 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 85 ... LastLast

Re: Suunto Traverse

So- what sport modes can you enable on the watch?
    Running: yes
    Hiking: yes
    Cycling?
    Swimming? (will it count laps?)
    OWS?

others?

Can you create your own sport modes and label them? selecting GPS update rate?

Are you Free to select the same set of 3 fields with up to 5 variables on the bottom field- like an Ambit?

can you apply apps to create calculated variables, like on the Ambit?

I'm trying to figure out... what won't it do?
    I gather it won't do a multisport move?

From what I can tell you just can't add multi sport. Other than that you are limited to five sport modes and can still alter the GPS rate and all that good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by EatPlayLift View Post
    Ok, so I read through the issues with the spring bars on the Traverse. Does this mean a standard spring bar tool won't work at all?

Do you all recommend I take the Traverse to a jeweler to remove the bars if I don't want to risk breaking anything?
    I put mine on a Zulu this evening. I used a box cutter blade, just like the post earlier in the thread said. Just pushed back to the band a little to open up some room, then kind of scraped against the inner part of the spring bar. No damage to the bar, or the watch, and it came out rather easily. I would say just about anyone could get the bar off using that method with very little risk of damaging the bar or the watch.
    dissipator16 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Finally got the bars out. Worried I may have done a little damage, not sure. Just kind of scratched the side of the pin hole a bit. Put on a 24 mm leather strap I had on my Core.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by EatPlayLift View Post
    Finally got the bars out. Worried I may have done a little damage, not sure. Just kind of scratched the side of the pin hole a bit. Put on a 24 mm leather strap I had on my Core.
    Great looking strap!

I will let you guys know what spring bar works out the best, I ordered five different styles to test. I got shipping notification from Otto Frei, so I should have them by this week, early next week.

Nice job on the strap change. Those pics really show off the design similarities between the Traverse and its - I guess - brother, the Ambit.

Neat that you get the day of the week along with the MM/DD on the top field. I still wish Suunto would have HH:MM:SS on the main field
    "A gentleman's choice of timepiece says as much about him as does his Savile Row suit." -- Ian Fleming

Quote Originally Posted by Quotron View Post
    Nice job on the strap change. Those pics really show off the design similarities between the Traverse and its - I guess - brother, the Ambit.

Neat that you get the day of the week along with the MM/DD on the top field. I still wish Suunto would have HH:MM:SS on the main field
    Hmmmmm ... those pics show HH:MM:SS on the "main field" it's just that the seconds are in the bottom third of the display, not immediately next to the HH:MM.

HTH
    "So?"
    -Andrew Breitbart 1969-2012

Ugh I want to order the Traverse but I'm still so torn on color choice. I really like the Amber version, but worried that the black stainless bezel will be all scratched up in no time.

For those with the Amber version, do you think the bezel will hold up at all? The stainless bezel will probably take wear better, but it looks too busy to me with the black case.

I got the graphite model, and am pretty surprised at how well it goes with a green strap.

Name:  R6LE75P.jpg
Views: 1845
Size:  530.0 KB

Name:  m0GeGMI.jpg
Views: 2322
Size:  872.3 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 35 of 86 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 85 ... LastLast

Thread Information