Suunto Traverse - Page 38
Like Tree280Likes

Thread: Suunto Traverse

Page 38 of 86 FirstFirst ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... LastLast

Re: Suunto Traverse

I have mine paired with a Samsung Note Edge on 5.1.1. Moves can be transferred, and watch setting changed via the phone app, but there are no notifications on the phone and I don't see any indication that feature is even implemented. I have notifications "on " on the watch, and permission for the app on the phone.

Is anyone with an Android phone getting notifications on their watch?

I hope the Traverse works with Android or I'm going to be pretty upset. Mine will be here tomorrow and I'll let you know how I make out.

Picked up my Traverse 4 days ago to replace my Core of 6 years.

First, the software is REALLY buggy between the watch and Movescount. The communication between my Android device (brand new Galaxy S6) and the watch is intermittent, at best. The app crashes often and doesn't sync really well. I have to turn on/off bluetooth several times in order for it to sync. Even then, it doesn't sync my custom sport modes.

Second, custom sport modes are only synced when I connect my watch to my computer. This is REALLY inconvenient, especially since I don't travel with my computer very often.

Third, the sport modes only allow you to view the primary screen during the exercise. You CANNOT scroll between custom screens. Meaning, if I have a custom "run" screen with HR on Screen 1 and distance on Screen 2 and pace on Screen 3... I can only view screen 2 and 3 AFTER the exercise is complete and not during exercise. This, by itself, is a HUGE deal breaker for me.

Forth, the bezel is entirely too fragile. I bought the graphite version and it is entirely too easy to scratch it with your fingernail. I cannot imagine taking this on hike up Whitney, Baldy, Jaucinto, Rainier, Catskills, etc... It would be destroyed.

Since I bought the watch at REI, I plan on returning it after giving it a thorough run in about 3 weeks. At this point, IMHO, Suunto did a terrible job releasing a product with so many glitches and navigation issues.

FWIW: I returned my Fenix 3 about a month ago. That watch takes the cake in terms of unreliability and glitchy software. I was expecting Suunto to overcome my disappointment in that watch. Sadly, it remains the same.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I forgot to add:

The GPS lock is amazingly fast on this watch, though. That is one thing that brings a smile to my face.

The screen is sharp, allows for contrast adjustment, and the vibration/sound of the watch is noticeable.

NiteQwill, that is exactly why I bought the black version. The bezel won't scratch as easily. Same thing happened on the Fenix 3 "grey" version.

To all Movescount users...I created a new Suunto group in Movescount so we can all be in one place and check out each other's activities. It's called Team Traverse and can be found at this link...

Team Traverse - Group at Movescount.com

I have yet to do an actual activity with the watch (crazy busy at work) but we can all get everything in one place if anyone is interested.

Quote Originally Posted by NiteQwill View Post

First, the software is REALLY buggy between the watch and Movescount. The communication between my <clip>

FWIW: I returned my Fenix 3 about a month ago. That watch takes the cake in terms of unreliability and glitchy software. I was expecting Suunto to overcome my disappointment in that watch. Sadly, it remains the same.
    Sounds just like me. I've had a Core for many years. I tried two different Fenix 3's and the tracking was poor, and lots of software bugs. Now I have the Traverse. The tracking is much better in the few tests I've done, but the the connection between phone and watch is intermittent, and notifications don't work at all.

I forgot to add:

The GPS lock is amazingly fast on this watch, though. That is one thing that brings a smile to my face.

The screen is sharp, allows for contrast adjustment, and the vibration/sound of the watch is noticeable.

Thanks for your report. Software is fixable and scratches should be par for the course if you are getting after it. I'm not going to baby a watch of this genre.

How did it track for you? Any tracks to share?

Quote Originally Posted by Tangmu View Post
    I have mine paired with a Samsung Note Edge on 5.1.1. Moves can be transferred, and watch setting changed via the phone app, but there are no notifications on the phone and I don't see any indication that feature is even implemented. I have notifications "on " on the watch, and permission for the app on the phone.

Is anyone with an Android phone getting notifications on their watch?
    I have the S6 Edge + on the latest firmware that I use with my A3 peak. After updating today to the latest movescount version I've had nothing but connection issues. Constantly loosing sync.... Very disappointed to say the least. Anyone know if you can roll back to the previous version? Btw I've had my phone on my all afternoon less than 2 feet from my watch and still loosing sync.

Dave
    Last edited by dkyacht; October 15th, 2015 at 02:31.

First, the software is REALLY buggy between the watch and Movescount. The communication between my Android device (brand new Galaxy S6) and the watch is intermittent, at best. The app crashes often and doesn't sync really well. I have to turn on/off bluetooth several times in order for it to sync. Even then, it doesn't sync my custom sport modes.

Second, custom sport modes are only synced when I connect my watch to my computer. This is REALLY inconvenient, especially since I don't travel with my computer very often.

Third, the sport modes only allow you to view the primary screen during the exercise. You CANNOT scroll between custom screens. Meaning, if I have a custom "run" screen with HR on Screen 1 and distance on Screen 2 and pace on Screen 3... I can only view screen 2 and 3 AFTER the exercise is complete and not during exercise. This, by itself, is a HUGE deal breaker for me.

Forth, the bezel is entirely too fragile. I bought the graphite version and it is entirely too easy to scratch it with your fingernail. I cannot imagine taking this on hike up Whitney, Baldy, Jaucinto, Rainier, Catskills, etc... It would be destroyed.

Since I bought the watch at REI, I plan on returning it after giving it a thorough run in about 3 weeks. At this point, IMHO, Suunto did a terrible job releasing a product with so many glitches and navigation issues.

I wonder if you got a faulty version, it seems insane that Suunto would lock one display on a sport mode. Especially considering how much this watch appears to share with the Ambit. It's a hell of a step backwards. Can anyone else with a Traverse confirm this?

As for the Android Movescount app, it's been super buggy since v.1.2.1 was released on 10/13/15. Hopefully that will be resolved shortly... With the issue of sport profile updates syncing through the app. I assume the issue you're facing is related to the problems with the app updates, as I have not been able to sync at all with the latest app update, and unless you can get a complete sync your sport profiles will not change - even if a Move gets transfered. Note, I'm speaking as an Ambit3 user...
    dkyacht likes this.
    "A gentleman's choice of timepiece says as much about him as does his Savile Row suit." -- Ian Fleming

Page 38 of 86 FirstFirst ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... LastLast

Thread Information