Suunto Traverse - Page 39
Like Tree280Likes

Thread: Suunto Traverse

Page 39 of 86 FirstFirst ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ... LastLast

Re: Suunto Traverse

You most certainly CAN make multiple screens for each mode. I created a walking profile with 3 different screen setups. During the recording of the activity you simply press the "Next" button to cycle through the various screen setups. Very easy.
    Quotron likes this.

How's the battery life been? I'm trying to decide between the Traverse and the Fenix 3. The F3 says 50hr in ultratrac. The Traverse I believe is 100hr? I'm mostly looking for a watch for hiking and exploring, so basically being able to get back to where I started. GPS accuracy doesn't need to be spot on, but just enough to get me back to the base camp.

Quote Originally Posted by EatPlayLift View Post
    You most certainly CAN make multiple screens for each mode. I created a walking profile with 3 different screen setups. During the recording of the activity you simply press the "Next" button to cycle through the various screen setups. Very easy.
    So strange.

Just went for a bike ride and none of my additional screens (2 & 3) were visible with pressing NEXT.

However, when I synced my Traverse through my Mac, I curiously looked at my sport mode screens.... and viola! Screens 2 & 3 were present in cycle mode. But, they did not sync their data with Movescount or Strava.

The frustration continues...

One feature I would like to see added would be the activity tracker syncing. Something like the Fitbit tracker... steps in a day, week, etc. From what I've observed, the log for steps is reset at 00:00 every evening.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by NiteQwill View Post
    So strange.

Just went for a bike ride and none of my additional screens (2 & 3) were visible with pressing NEXT.

However, when I synced my Traverse through my Mac, I curiously looked at my sport mode screens.... and viola! Screens 2 & 3 were present in cycle mode. But, they did not sync their data with Movescount or Strava.

The frustration continues...

One feature I would like to see added would be the activity tracker syncing. Something like the Fitbit tracker... steps in a day, week, etc. From what I've observed, the log for steps is reset at 00:00 every evening.
    Yes, the activity tracker is pretty disappointing. It WAY over counts steps and there is no way to see a history either on the watch or on Movescount. This is a very basic feature. At least let us look back at the last 7 days on the watch and perhaps a lifetime total. Very basic. I've made that request to Suunto.

Quote Originally Posted by vernSL View Post
    How's the battery life been? I'm trying to decide between the Traverse and the Fenix 3. The F3 says 50hr in ultratrac. The Traverse I believe is 100hr? I'm mostly looking for a watch for hiking and exploring, so basically being able to get back to where I started. GPS accuracy doesn't need to be spot on, but just enough to get me back to the base camp.
    It's hard to tell at this point. I did 2 hours of hiking and a 2 hour bike ride today with GPS as "good" and "best," respectively. From 100% to 96%. Not bad.

My Fenix 3 had to be recharged about every 4-5 days without activity. With activity, during the summer months where I was cycling 30-35 miles 3-4 times a week, it was charged every 48 hours. On a 5 day hike through Central Coast California, it died on day 2 using Ultratrac mode. Unfortunately, the group I was with were a bunch of ultralight backpackers, so my battery pack was left in the car.

Suunto Traverse

Quote Originally Posted by vernSL View Post
    Garmin Tactix.

Can I ask for a favor?

My "Wintry China Dream Traverse" just made it into the finalists in Suunto's "Dream Traverse" contest - and the final decision will be made by voting.

So, if you want to see more from me (and the Traverse and/or the Ambit) in China, not just my review, your vote for my video would be *much* appreciated:

"Wintry China Dream" at Suunto Traverse Collection - Suunto

And, I'm getting on with the work on my Traverse review. Should be ready around end of next week. [Insert joke about notifications here :p ]

how to vote ?

Quote Originally Posted by luca2706 View Post
    how to vote ?
    On the Suunto website. The link should take you right to the Contest section of the site, where the voting form is. Number 4 (bad number in Chinese context, oops), Wintry China Dream, is mine ;)

done, thank you

Page 39 of 86 FirstFirst ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ... LastLast

Thread Information