Suunto Traverse - Page 41
Like Tree280Likes

Thread: Suunto Traverse

Page 41 of 86 FirstFirst ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... LastLast

Re: Suunto Traverse

Quote Originally Posted by vernSL View Post
    I'm starting to think we won't see it. The Kailash says it only works with iPhone. Until we hear from Suunto saying the Traverse will work I won't expect it. The app has already been updated to work with it, but notification settings aren't there at all.
    Of course they should work; you just have to read the Traverse description to see that. Only that they've run into some issues.

Why's it only the iPhone with the Kailash? Because it's a luxury/niche product where it wouldn't be worth it to produce the app for the host of Android phones. Expect to see the Kailash on the wrists of people who also use gold iPhones...
    dkyacht likes this.

Has anyone had success syncing routes or POI's? I can change setting via the iPhone app and Movescount and receive notifications. But sync fails on both. It was supposed to work by the 15th, but the app hasn't been updated. Anyone have any insight?
    BTW - I have the Black form REI. I ordered it on Monday and received it on Wednesday. Very nice. Fits well on a small wrist.

Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    I must say I'm surprised by the dearth of feedback about the performance and features of the Traverse.

Is it being "damned by faint praise?"

Those of you who have one in hand - come on! Please let the rest of us know more about this eagerly anticipated new watch.

TIA
    I find it to be the perfect watch for me. I like it much better than the Fenix 3. Less features, but more stable. Battery life is awesome. Zero syncing issues with my iPhone. No complaints thus far other than wishing they hadn't used spring bars instead of the screw-in bars for the strap.
    bruceames likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by EatPlayLift View Post
    I find it to be the perfect watch for me. I like it much better than the Fenix 3. Less features, but more stable. Battery life is awesome. Zero syncing issues with my iPhone. No complaints thus far other than wishing they hadn't used spring bars instead of the screw-in bars for the strap.
    Do you still have the Fenix 3? I'd love some side by side pictures of them. I'm still debating on keeping the Traverse or going to the F3.

Quote Originally Posted by vernSL View Post
    Do you still have the Fenix 3? I'd love some side by side pictures of them. I'm still debating on keeping the Traverse or going to the F3.
    I owned it 3 times, finally gave up on it. Never met my expectations. I won't be purchasing from Garmin again until they get their act together. Expecting users to be beta testers just to finally "fix" the bugs right before they release the new model is ridiculous. They don't deserve my money. Unlike Suunto, who has never let me down and make a very reliable and accurate product.
    Last edited by HIKESOLO; October 17th, 2015 at 04:33.

I agree with you on Garmin, I returned two Fenix 3's. But for me, with an Android phone, I'm not too pleased with the Traverse. No notifications on the watch at all, failed syncs, intermittent Bluetooth connectivity. So I'm a beta tester for Suunto same as Garmin. Tracking is better than the Fenix, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangmu View Post
    I agree with you on Garmin, I returned two Fenix 3's. But for me, with an Android phone, I'm not too pleased with the Traverse. No notifications on the watch at all, failed syncs, intermittent Bluetooth connectivity. So I'm a beta tester for Suunto same as Garmin. Tracking is better than the Fenix, though.
    Technically you (we - as I also have an Android) are beta testing the Movescount app. Which is a big distinction between beta testing an app and the watch itself - which is the issue most Garmin Fenix users have.
    "A gentleman's choice of timepiece says as much about him as does his Savile Row suit." -- Ian Fleming

Hi, I like to ask Suunto traverse users if you need to have open moves count app to sync iPhone with the watch.

I am looking for timepiece very sturdy for work outside (tree climber), everyday casual wearing and outdoor activities. Suunto traverse caught my eye, I maybe don't need whole range of functions what it offer but I like possibility to charge battery at home, and have sync with my phone, features like GPS barometer and others comes handy in outdoor activities like rock climbing, mountain biking and traveling.

Only competitor what I have is Bluetooth Gshock but I don't like no user friendly battery change, not 100% compatibility with iPhone notifications..., other side is price and sturdiness any suggestions are welcome

bear in mind that i am new in forum and into "smart" watches thank you for understanding

Quote Originally Posted by jhonzatko View Post
    I was hoping, with the release of Traverse, they will make some changes on the Movescount web app. Sorry, but steps count without any backend and without sync possibility is complete useless.
    I'm very disappointed in this way a stick with my Ambit3 Peak Sapphire :(
    No step count feature on MovesCount?!?! What a shame! :( I was thinking about replacing my Ambit 3 with Traverse, but since Suunto is not able to / willing to add step count / activity view to MovesCount, I also plan to stick with my Ambit 3.

I really is a shame Suunto is not willing to add activity / step counts to MovesCount, the watches have this nice feature, it cannot be that technically difficult to add the feature to web app. Maybe Suunto doesn't listen to their customers at all?

I am also disappointed about only 3 Suunto Apps (per sport mode) on Traverse, compared to 5 on Ambit 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Quotron View Post
    Technically you (we - as I also have an Android) are beta testing the Movescount app. Which is a big distinction between beta testing an app and the watch itself - which is the issue most Garmin Fenix users have.
    That's a good point, as phone firmware and phone apps can be updated, but not so much with hardware.

(by the way, "Savile Row" has only one "L" in it)
    Quotron likes this.

Page 41 of 86 FirstFirst ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... LastLast

Thread Information