Suunto Traverse - Page 81
Like Tree280Likes

Thread: Suunto Traverse

Page 81 of 86 FirstFirst ... 31 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 LastLast

Re: Suunto Traverse

Quote Originally Posted by CragFace View Post
    GNSS- I have to admit I got so excited when it became available, that I just downloaded the software and installed it, then you get a menu choice of GNSS or Compass or Orientation.
    Choosing GNSS gives options for GPS & GLONASS or GPS. I now have it on GPS & GLONASS and can't see any significant drain on the battery.
    As for the accuracy, I aint 100% certain yet if it's any better or any worse.
    I will compare the two eventually at some point.
    OK Silly me!
    I recently read the detailed instructions for the GPS/GLONASS use and having put this in as my default choice, but on OK accuracy and failed to realise that both will only work at the highest (Best) accuracy, thus resulting in battery drain! Tsk sorry.

Anyone find this bulky and almost not as handy as described??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mango_420 View Post
    Anyone find this bulky and almost not as handy as described??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Me not.

deporteporvida.com
    deporteporvida.com

Multisport:
    Suunto Ambit3 Peak
    Former: Suunto Spartan Ultra | Polar V800 | Suunto Ambit3 Vertical | Suunto Ambit3 Sport | Garmin Fenix 3 | Garmin Edge 520 | Garmin FR920XT | Suunto Ambit2 | Garmin Fenix 2 | Garmin FR620 | Garmin FR610SE | Garmin FR405 | many others

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I'm new to the thread so apologies if I make any blunders. I've gone through this whole Traverse thread because I've been thinking about getting one and I have a few questions which I'm hoping you guys can help me with.

How easily does it get scratched (display face and steel bezel)? Meaning, should I put in a bit more money and buy the Sapphire Black edition instead (even though I don't like the look of it as much as the white one I'm thinking of getting :P ) or maybe the Alpha Stealth? I don't hunt or fish, so...

This would mostly be used as an every day watch, casual hiking/photography trips, some light running, cycling, urban treks (travelling), geocaching etc. I'm not the most active person, but this is kind of being considered purchasing to get me interested in going out more and explore... and not get lost as easy ;)

Basically the most interesting thing for me about the Traverse (aside from aesthetics, it's about the only GPS watch I like the look of) is the GPS breadcrumb/POI/trackback features and I like how clean it looks (no Ambit wrist GPS bump).

I have a Polar HR7 bluetooth heart rate monitor, I take it that it should work with the Traverse?

I was a bit considered about the GPS accuracy while reading this thread. Right now I've been using my phone (Sony Xperia Z5) for any GPS tracking (mostly urban with a few outdoor hikes), so in terms of that, how much better/worse is it? Part of the reason why I want a GPS enabled watch is so that I can save some battery life on my phone. Since I'm not exactly an athlete I don't need it to be like super accurate in terms of getting absolutely every single swerve and curve I make as I move around, but it would be nice if it didn't make any huge gaps either.

As for battery lifespan... how long am I expected for this watch to last in terms of battery life and can I replace it or do I have to buy a new watch (like with most smart phones)?

Quote Originally Posted by trailhippo View Post
    I'm new to the thread so apologies if I make any blunders. I've gone through this whole Traverse thread because I've been thinking about getting one and I have a few questions which I'm hoping you guys can help me with.

How easily does it get scratched (display face and steel bezel)? Meaning, should I put in a bit more money and buy the Sapphire Black edition instead (even though I don't like the look of it as much as the white one I'm thinking of getting ) or maybe the Alpha Stealth? I don't hunt or fish, so...

This would mostly be used as an every day watch, casual hiking/photography trips, some light running, cycling, urban treks (travelling), geocaching etc. I'm not the most active person, but this is kind of being considered purchasing to get me interested in going out more and explore... and not get lost as easy ;)

Basically the most interesting thing for me about the Traverse (aside from aesthetics, it's about the only GPS watch I like the look of) is the GPS breadcrumb/POI/trackback features and I like how clean it looks (no Ambit wrist GPS bump).

I have a Polar HR7 bluetooth heart rate monitor, I take it that it should work with the Traverse?

I was a bit considered about the GPS accuracy while reading this thread. Right now I've been using my phone (Sony Xperia Z5) for any GPS tracking (mostly urban with a few outdoor hikes), so in terms of that, how much better/worse is it? Part of the reason why I want a GPS enabled watch is so that I can save some battery life on my phone. Since I'm not exactly an athlete I don't need it to be like super accurate in terms of getting absolutely every single swerve and curve I make as I move around, but it would be nice if it didn't make any huge gaps either.

As for battery lifespan... how long am I expected for this watch to last in terms of battery life and can I replace it or do I have to buy a new watch (like with most smart phones)?
    It's not easy to scratch it. I'm using as day-to-day watch and haven't any screen or bezel scratch at all. Of course if you hit the wall with it you will be in problems.

H7 is compatible with Traverse. Actually IMO it's better than Suunto's one.

Traverse isn't the most accurate Suunto at all but my thoughts are it isn't worse than you smartphone's.

Don't worry about battery lifespan. We're talking about years and years. And if battery dies out of warranty Suunto's service will replace it for a really nice price. This battery replacement policy is very common in brands like Suunto, Garmin, Polar...

deporteporvida.com
    trailhippo and Doorstep_mile like this.
    deporteporvida.com

Multisport:
    Suunto Ambit3 Peak
    Former: Suunto Spartan Ultra | Polar V800 | Suunto Ambit3 Vertical | Suunto Ambit3 Sport | Garmin Fenix 3 | Garmin Edge 520 | Garmin FR920XT | Suunto Ambit2 | Garmin Fenix 2 | Garmin FR620 | Garmin FR610SE | Garmin FR405 | many others

I'm going to be taking my Traverse on a 9 day backpacking trip and want to record my tracks in high accuracy mode. My concern is that the watch will fill up with tracking points before my trip is over and will then start to overwrite tracking points from earlier in the trip. If I sync with movescount on my phone, even though I will have no cell service, will that suffice to keep from overwriting tracking points?

I just did a 3 day backpacking trip and ran into an issue with POI's. I was scouting locations for a sunrise photo shoot and was saving possible locations as POI's, using the same POI name (Big game 1, big game 2, etc) for each. The problem was that when I wanted to navigate to one of the POI's the next morning, I selected the correct POI and when I started the navigation, on the navigation screen it showed *all* of the POI's I had saved with no way of telling which was which, making it impossible to know which one to navigate to. Other than using a different POI name/category for each POI, is there a way to only show the selected POI when navigating to a POI instead of showing all of the POI's?

Thanks!

Okay so I went and bought a white Traverse and tested it out. I went trail walking and tried out the POI feature by quick saving one location. I then tried syncing the phone with Movescount via my PC (Moveslink2) which failed and then also tried with my phone (Android) and that also failed. I deleted the one POI and tried syncing again with the phone and lo and behold, it synced.

Anyone else having this trouble and is there a fix? It's a bit disappointing if I have to always delete my POIs before syncing the moves to Movescount :(

I have the latest Traverse firmware and also the latest Moveslink.

Having issues too. Says altitude is correct prior to syncing, then once synced altitude is focked up. Prior firmware it was due to Suuntos conversion. Face it. They have solid hardware and slip shoddy software at times. It's annoying as hell.
    PiousInquisitor likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by trailhippo View Post
    Okay so I went and bought a white Traverse and tested it out. I went trail walking and tried out the POI feature by quick saving one location. I then tried syncing the phone with Movescount via my PC (Moveslink2) which failed and then also tried with my phone (Android) and that also failed. I deleted the one POI and tried syncing again with the phone and lo and behold, it synced.

Anyone else having this trouble and is there a fix? It's a bit disappointing if I have to always delete my POIs before syncing the moves to Movescount :(

I have the latest Traverse firmware and also the latest Moveslink.
    I did a trip and when I tried syncing afer the trip it failed. I had a few POI's saved and when I deleted them it was able to sync, so the same problem you are seeing. However, I just got back from my most recent trip and it synced my tracks with my POI's with no problem this time. Not sure why it works sometimes and not others.

Hi all,

I need some advice before pulling the trigger a new Traverse. I currently own an Ambit 2 and feel like I'm due for an upgrade. I used the HR monitor and sports mode of the Ambit quite extensively when I was on a weight losing spree but find I don't use those functions much anymore that I reached my target weight. Other than using the watch as an EDC watch, I use it mostly as a survival tool when I go hunting/trekking in the woods. The biggest feature that I'm missing is the breadcrumb/track back since I have to constantly take POIs on the Ambit 2 if I want to be able to reliably not get lost.

When the Traverse came out, I thought it was a beautiful design and it finally had the breadcrumb feature. After reading numerous reports on the bad GPS accuracy, I'm having second thoughts. So I have a few questions here:
    1) Although, "inaccurate", is the Traverse GPS more accurate than the Ambit 2?
    2) Is the inaccuracy relevant for my needs? I just want to be able to reliably not get lost, I'd probably set the GPS to 60s and leaving it running the whole day while I'm out hunting.

Thanks,

Page 81 of 86 FirstFirst ... 31 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 LastLast

Thread Information