Suunto Traverse - Page 85
Like Tree280Likes

Thread: Suunto Traverse

Page 85 of 86 FirstFirst ... 35 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 LastLast

Re: Suunto Traverse

Quote Originally Posted by pjc3 View Post
    Most online reviews don’t take into account the last update. Since then, the GPS tracking has improved when examining downloaded tracks. In the field navigating to POI etc was never a problem anyway.....extremely accurate even in dense tree cover. The last update also added ETE and elevation differential to waypoints in navigation mode but removed Track Back feature instead relying on breadcrumb. You can always load from logbook but still no waypoint on that either (mind you the waypoints were just placed at regular intervals and not at strategic points like obviously turns).
    You can accurately estimate calories if you wear hr belt or overestimate calories (in my experience) without.
    You get all the usual watch faces in exercise mode (unlike Ambit, Spartan) as well as your chosen ones for the sport mode. It runs apps. Minor consideration, but I have simple data fields such as minimum temp and slope count handy to check at rest stops. Unnecessary but fun.

The Traverse is a well considered outdoor watch suited to day trips or overnight outings. It would be fine for multi-day trips but charging will be required.

I am currently on a bushwalking holiday in the south of Tasmania but mostly hard day walks returning to hut in the evening. Between my choices of the Spartan, Ambit3, Ambit2 and the Traverse I chose the latter to join me on this trip due to its all-rounder abilities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I concur - the Traverse works great for me. Real happy with its functionality and accuracy (I have 5 handheld Garmin units and a Galaxy S7 Edge phone for comparison).

Thank you for the reply. An older review would do fine, just to get an idea of the device. Besides the hunting and fishing features, I take the Alpha doesn't add much more in terms of hiking features?

Quote Originally Posted by pizzaslut View Post
    Thank you for the reply. An older review would do fine, just to get an idea of the device. Besides the hunting and fishing features, I take the Alpha doesn't add much more in terms of hiking features?
    https://www.google.com/search?q=Suun...hrome&ie=UTF-8

I believe that is correct regarding the Alpha.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Daylight savings kicked in overnight. Woke this morning to my Traverse having updated automatically and Spartan still waiting for intervention

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    blizzz likes this.

Hi all..I bought a Traverse sapphire on impulse from another member here. Love the watch...however, my trusty old Ambit3 died (no longer charge).

Is there any way to synch the Suunto HR belt with the Traverse for HR? Or does the Traverse doesn't support HR at all, period? Would suck cos now I have to either trade this or buy another HR Suunto model.
    Current Rotation: || Tag Aquaracer Polar Caliber 5, Suunto Ambit 3, Casio Gulfman/GW2310, Apple iWatch 3 ||

Quote Originally Posted by SSingh1975 View Post
    Hi all..I bought a Traverse sapphire on impulse from another member here. Love the watch...however, my trusty old Ambit3 died (no longer charge).

Is there any way to synch the Suunto HR belt with the Traverse for HR? Or does the Traverse doesn't support HR at all, period? Would suck cos now I have to either trade this or buy another HR Suunto model.
    It does work - check out the manual:

Suunto_Traverse
    SSingh1975 likes this.

Hi. I wonder why on the Traverse renders day of the week is in bold letters like date/month, but in real pictures day is always in thin letters?

Hi,

does the Traverse with a sapphire display have better display quality than the standard Traverse?
    I have an Ambit3 peak sapphire and now bought a Traverse. The display of the Ambit3 is much clearer and also the reflection of the display glas (I guess that's due to the sapphire) are lower.

I've thought about a custom Traverse Alpha from the Suunto online shop but as you can't return them - even without engraving - I'm now not convinced anymore after I had the chance to compare both displays with each other.

Hello, I'm new of Suunto and i have Just bought a traverse. Does exist anche exploit ti upload a gpx directly from mobile phone (Android) to the Watch....through bluetooth or organizzarmi cable. Thanks you.

I have destroyed my lugs on one side of my traverse changing the band.... The strap now disconnects everytime I bend my wrist. I am currently deployed so not any option to bring it to a repair shop. Not sure what my options are and I would really like to be able to continue to have a watch while I am out here.

Any suggestions?

Page 85 of 86 FirstFirst ... 35 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 LastLast

Thread Information