Suunto Traverse
Like Tree280Likes

Thread: Suunto Traverse

Page 1 of 86 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 51 ... LastLast

Suunto Traverse

So, I watched the video on youtube here, then took the comments the poster made and got them translated. Came out to the following from Google Translate...

The Finnish firm specializing in measuring instruments, Suunto, will release in the spring of 2016 a new model for Outdoor clock in Traverse Suunto. It is not a specific watch for trail running and will not replace the Ambit 3, but was able to incorporate a belt / strap / wadget to measure the pulse. The Traverse will be aimed primarily at the Outdoor GPS and navigation in general. For this, the barometer also include Traverse Suunto priced at 399 euros and 80 grams, the Traverse Suunto is slightly narrower than the Ambit and a little lighter range. In addition to reading mobile notifications on the device, the novelty will be that incorporate vibration notifications for themselves or for applications such as alarm.Traverse Suunto autonomy will be about 100 hours if we connected the GPS accuracy of a point every minute, or about 14 hours if we go up to a point precision every second.Suunto sources have confirmed it expects the new model to replace the Ambit 3 (which, incidentally, probably no longer called Ambit) incorporates the GPS antenna in the ring and thatinherits the benefits of this Traverse Suunto.Thus, the Suunto Traverse is a pioneer that will give way to a new generation and Suunto watches line. Personally we liked the design much more than most brand models. The thing promises.

All I know is no matter what the heck this thing does, I'm looking forward to it. The start and finish of this text contradicts itself, so it's unclearif it is the "new" Ambit series, but I'm excited either way!
    arogle1stus likes this.

Re: Suunto Traverse

Quote Originally Posted by EatPlayLift View Post
    So, I watched the video on youtube here, then took the comments the poster made and got them translated. Came out to the following from Google Translate...

The Finnish firm specializing in measuring instruments, Suunto, will release in the spring of 2016 a new model for Outdoor clock in Traverse Suunto. It is not a specific watch for trail running and will not replace the Ambit 3, but was able to incorporate a belt / strap / wadget to measure the pulse. The Traverse will be aimed primarily at the Outdoor GPS and navigation in general. For this, the barometer also include Traverse Suunto priced at 399 euros and 80 grams, the Traverse Suunto is slightly narrower than the Ambit and a little lighter range. In addition to reading mobile notifications on the device, the novelty will be that incorporate vibration notifications for themselves or for applications such as alarm.Traverse Suunto autonomy will be about 100 hours if we connected the GPS accuracy of a point every minute, or about 14 hours if we go up to a point precision every second.Suunto sources have confirmed it expects the new model to replace the Ambit 3 (which, incidentally, probably no longer called Ambit) incorporates the GPS antenna in the ring and thatinherits the benefits of this Traverse Suunto.Thus, the Suunto Traverse is a pioneer that will give way to a new generation and Suunto watches line. Personally we liked the design much more than most brand models. The thing promises.

All I know is no matter what the heck this thing does, I'm looking forward to it. The start and finish of this text contradicts itself, so it's unclearif it is the "new" Ambit series, but I'm excited either way!
    It is not, but there's a good chance (not confirmed) that the post-Ambit design will be similar (i.e., no more antenna bulge)

Unfortunately, the videos are all Private now, at least I cannot view them.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Well, that's a pretty exciting list of features. So- the "not a replacement for the Ambit 3" has:

Long Battery Life
    GPS with multiple update times (1s, 1min)
    Bluetooth
    Vibration Alerts !!
    Thinner
    Pressure Sensor
    GPS Antenna moved to the Bezel (Hopefully a better RF design than the Fenix3 implementation- which apparently isn't very good)

I didn't see the video before it was made private, but the front image of the Traverse... looks pretty darn similar to the Ambit series.

Sounds like everything necessary to make me want to upgrade from my Ambit2, and a direct competitor to the Fenix3. If it's not specifically for trail running and other outdoor multisports (i.e. an Ambit4)- it sure has all the hardware pieces for it. Suunto would have to intentionally reduce its firmware capabilities to make it NOT an Ambit 4.

Basically- what I'd like to purchase, is a Fenix 3... that works reliably and is accurate. (unlike the current offering from Garmin) It sure seems like that is what Suunto is going after. Anything else would just be a non-competitive product.

Take my money Suunto!
    Last edited by morey000; August 3rd, 2015 at 16:01.
    martowl likes this.

In a land where you don't apologize for quartz… : )

If I recall correctly, the X9 series had a cylindrical antenna, so I hope it's just as good or better than the Ambit one. For me, 95% of a training watch is accuracy and reliability and the other 5% form factor. If the watch is thinner than I hope battery life is not compromised either.
    martowl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceames View Post
    If I recall correctly, the X9 series had a cylindrical antenna, so I hope it's just as good or better than the Ambit one. For me, 95% of a training watch is accuracy and reliability and the other 5% form factor. If the watch is thinner than I hope battery life is not compromised either.
    I totally agree with you Bruce. I love the battery life on my Ambit3, which will give me 20h on a 1sec GPS fix in an actual race!
    bruceames likes this.

Lucky me had a chance to see it before it went private!

It kind of looked like a Suunto Core brushed steel:

Name:  suunto-core-steel-gallery-2.jpg
Views: 17643
Size:  147.1 KB

With a Milk Duds looking orange strap and a Suunto Ambit looking face. The bezel was kind of like the same grey as the Fenix 3 Grey/Sapphire. So a blend of a Core and a fenix 3 look wise!
    bruceames and margusl like this.
    The Water Resistance Myth VS Reality article:https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=159142

Name:  1264794-1600x1200.jpg
Views: 17419
Size:  40.9 KB

For those who weren't able to catch a glimpse of it.

For those who weren't able to catch a glimpse of it.
    Looks like the existing Ambit screen and Sapphire bezel. For me to upgrade from the Ambit3 to the successor (I realize that is not the Traverse) would require significant changes, including screen resolution and functionality...vibration alerts added to a bit thinner case won't do it for me, otherwise I am sticking with the Ambit3.
    RIVI1969 and Quotron like this.

Page 1 of 86 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread Information