Web Movescount and Android Movescounnt - VS - Web Sports Tracker and Android Suunto - Page 5
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Web Movescount and Android Movescounnt - VS - Web Sports Tracker and Android Suunto

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Re: Web Movescount and Android Movescounnt - VS - Web Sports Tracker and Android Suunto

Quote Originally Posted by johnmiguel View Post
    How does one add POIs with Suunto App? Tried also creating them in Movescount and syncing with the cable but Suuntolink didn't sync any, maybe I'm doing something wrong?
    I've found to get the watch to sync new settings, a new move needs to be synced to initiate the upload.

Re: Web Movescount and Android Movescounnt - VS - Web Sports Tracker and Android Suunto

How does one add POIs with Suunto App? Tried also creating them in Movescount and syncing with the cable but Suuntolink didn't sync any, maybe I'm doing something wrong?
    Currently, you can’t do this with the Suunto App. Only Movescount. And there are no definitive plans to offer this. If there were a better alternative to Suunto at this point, I’d have already switched, but I’m thinking about switching back to an Ambit3 Peak to get a watch that’ll do most all I need without even connecting to an app.

Quote Originally Posted by zvojan View Post

But….what can we do, nothing. Afaik, this is the only forum for suunto and not even one person is happy with this new crap (I am not a member of social networks). But probably counts only that, that they are happy. 1 or 2 years are needed here and we will all wear garmins-polars and they will probably start to ask themselves...where did we go wrong

Cheers to all
    There is an official Suunto App forum but you can only read threads if registered and if you want to register they honestly make it a requirement to receive marketing emails etc from them. I guess that forum would be the best option to discuss why Suunto App sucks.

I cant bring myself to register as I dont get the feeling they even want to listen. Seems like it is how you wrote that their SW team is incompetent compared to the HW branch. As of now I will write a direct mail to Suunto as a last try but then if they shut movescount down I will have to look for other companies. Sadly I dont think think there is quite the sucessor out there. Dont like Garmin or the new Polar devices because of different reasons. EVERY Suunto using athlete I know thinks exactly the same. I dont think there is one serious athlete out there who welcomes Suunto app crap.

How a company can destroy their brand that they built for many years like that is really mindblowing. Its like Daimler Benz deciding to now only make low level 10k cars.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Philip Onayeti View Post
    I've found to get the watch to sync new settings, a new move needs to be synced to initiate the upload.
    But should it work if I've already paired my watch with the Suunto App? Nothing seems to sync to my Movescount account anymore, Suuntolink only optimizes GPS.

But should it work if I've already paired my watch with the Suunto App? Nothing seems to sync to my Movescount account anymore, Suuntolink only optimizes GPS.
    Correct, once paired to Suunto App, your watch won't talk to Movescount. This is why everyone (who is serious about outdoor sports) is astounded they are getting rid of Movescount platform when it is such a s useful, mature interface providing almost every feature we have been asking for over many years in favour of a limited function phone app.

You can go back to Movescount by reflashing and resetting your watch through Moveslink.

BUT! You won't be able to get the moves you synced via Suunto app to Movescount.
    The moves you have in Movescount will eventually be transfered to Suunto app through gradual transfer (I still haven't gotten the notice for transfer myself) but nothing is syncing back to Movescount if you are on Suunto app.

Very poor implementation if you ask me. They should have both platforms synced until they shut Movescount down and at least let us have the superior Movescount platform for our tag management and analysis, because a mobile platform will never be as agile and versatile as a web platform.
    And I don't get people who are advocating the mobile app platform with arguments that they can use it on the go ... news flash, you can open a web platform on almost any device anywhere and that is how I was using Movescount for the past 6 years - sync with cable or Movescount mobile app, then open the web interface of Movescount on my devices (desktop, laptop or phone).

Very late to the party on this one, but I'm guessing this means I'm ..... out of luck when it comes to creating .GPX files/shareable route files from my Suunto 9 and the iOS app?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread Information