Web Movescount and Android Movescounnt - VS - Web Sports Tracker and Android Suunto
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Web Movescount and Android Movescounnt - VS - Web Sports Tracker and Android Suunto

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Web Movescount and Android Movescounnt - VS - Web Sports Tracker and Android Suunto

What do you think? I will write my experiences later.

Re: Web Movescount and Android Movescounnt - VS - Web Sports Tracker and Android Suunto

I think anyone officially linked with Suunto will tell you that sports tracker is NOT a Suunto product and should not be included in this comparison :)

Personally find sports tracker data horribly unreliable regardless of the data's source.
    Jaka83 likes this.
    Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of a snakebite, and furthermore, always carry a small snake. - W.C.Fields

tfa
    web movescount - mature platform, great tool for analysis and data nerds
    movescount app - limited functionality compare to the web version but keep same style and layout (color coding of activities for example) and has some unique features (2nd screen beside a running and recording watch from ambit/traverse series) can't compete with other sport apps in 2018
    suunto app - limited functionality compare to movescount and breaks the style/UI methodology of movescount, it's still in the making but as Dec 2018 can't compete with full blown sport app's
    likepend1 and Jaka83 like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Re: Web Movescount and Android Movescounnt - VS - Web Sports Tracker and Android Suunto

Things are a bit more complicated and transitory:

The Suunto app is (obviously) in development, will have quite some catching up to do (compared to Garmin Connect or Polar Flow), but is developing nicely. And it's the future Suunto wants.

Sports Tracker... The connection between Suunto app and Sports Tracker (on the web) is only there (so far) because Suunto bought Sports Tracker and it's that team which is now working on the Suunto app. For all I know, the plan is not to have Sports Tracker become the web platform for the Suunto app... What is the plan for web analysis? That's still an unknown; Suunto hasn't really said anything about that so far. They seem to be working with other platforms/apps a lot more, e.g. with their greater Strava integration.

Movescount is mature, of course, but doesn't offer some possibilities Suunto is apparently after and sees as necessary for the future. So, it's on the way out - whatever that will mean in terms of timing and everything.

Hmmm, I wonder how it would work out if I asked Suunto PR for an "interview" on that issue, for Time and Tours ;)
    Sir McKey and Jaka83 like this.

Gerald, do it! Make some pressure on Suunto

tfa
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Zhang-Schmidt View Post
    how it would work out if I asked Suunto PR for an "interview" on that issue, for Time and Tours ;)
    that would be great!

Like I mentioned before, there is a lot of confusion.

First:
    I have all my routes visible in sport track, those routes were manually created in movescount. But when I click on that tracks in Sport tracks, I get error
    Name:  1.png
Views: 379
Size:  149.1 KB

Second:
    I do not use autolap, allways manual laps and this app android can not import that manual laps. I get manual laps only If I connect sport tracker with movescount, and some suunto developers have serious math problems look at pace column (picture below).
    Name:  2.png
Views: 391
Size:  139.5 KB

This is the same move with all and perfect data from movescount. (picture below)
    Name:  3.png
Views: 388
Size:  141.4 KB

Third:
    Ascent and descent data for individual move are not shown correctly in sport track, but surprisingly ok in android app. (pictures below)

Name:  3,5.png
Views: 393
Size:  114.3 KB

Name:  4.png
Views: 381
Size:  97.9 KB

Fourth:
    I can not see any ascent or descent data in SUMMARY reports on suunto app or sport track, there is no temperature, no EPOC., no avg. heartrate, I get msg ’oops sometnihg went wrong’ in suunto app all the time. So sport tracks is definetelly not suited for trail runners or mountain bikers All I can see is sum of kcal and distance and duration for different kind of sports.

Name:  5.png
Views: 384
Size:  87.2 KB

I just love movescount’s reports, look at that data. All these data are available for month, year......

Name:  6.png
Views: 394
Size:  141.1 KB

I have detailed information about heart rate, ascent, duration, pte for enery day in month, training load, trends, progress. Literally nothing in android or sport track is present on reports right now.

Fifth:

Creating tracks is available only on android. It is like watching trough a key hole, everything is to small. I have created several tracks 100-200 km on movescount on Web. I was using tv 55 inch 4k. Now, that is not possible enymore.....and there is no heatmaps for bikers, only for runners amd trail runners

... creating movie on android app is fun somethimes, this is also missing in new app.

and many more.............
    Jaka83 and arnea like this.

I hope they let Movescount live on and let us sync our watches either through USB cable and desktop app or via the Movescount mobile app.
    As much as I don't like the Movescount mobile app, it is still an OK option for syncing and sharing (creating videos and adding photos from my mobile device on the go) compared to the half-assed Suunto mobile app AKA Sportstracker.

If they want to make it work, they have to sort out their sync and data analysis algorithms - Movescount is clearly doing some post upload "smoothing" of the data collected from the watch and it looks like Sportstracker is lacking that besides the different settings for altitude reading from the barometric sensor or GPS.

I've stopped using the Sportstracker mobile and web apps as it's quite a mess right now. The last thing I needed was the mobile Sportstracker app locking me out of Movescount syncing, that's where I totally flipped and reset everything back to Movescount. Now using Movescount exclusively.

Great review, zvojan!

I cannot understand Suuntos way forward (or rather backwards). I guess showing data correctly is a must-have and acquisition of the sports-tracker platform and team seemed a big failure...
    ALWAYS ON THE TRAILS ...

I got email from Suunto where say announced that the Movescount will be shut down in the middle of 2020.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information