Suunto N3 Review

Thread: Suunto N3 Review

Suunto N3 Review

Here's my unofficial review of my Suunto N3 which I've owned for about two years.

First, I'll say that it has been through A LOT, namely an attack from my Siberian Husky one night when he was bored with nothing else to do. I had the watch charging on the floor. He bit through the chord and gnawed on the strap for a while. No real problems except that I had to sauder the wires back together, electrical tape, and a zip tie for good measure.

My main 'problem' with this watch is that it has to be charged about every 5th day. That gets old.

The features are mostly internet based. Through an MSN subscription.
    The time mode is 'cool' as there are 6 different displasy to tell time...I tend to keep it on the no second ticker mode because it saves some battery. The chronograph is something I just don't use but seems like your standard chrono.

The internet features are World News which gives daily headlines of breaking news. Seems pretty up to date...damn near real time.

There is a stock ticker giving Dow, S&P, Nasdaq which I believe is updated every 15 minutes. I find that kind of neat since I'm a broker myself.

There is a weather function which I would have to say is horrible. It gives very little detail other than temperature and overall conditions. Seems like this is updated about once every day because it rarely reflects actual current weather.

Overall, cool watch. The bells and whistles don't excite me much. About all I get out of it is telling people where the DOW is every once and a while and they think I'm really serious about my job!

There's my unofficial review!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Suunto N3 Review

Very cool... do you mind if I move a copy of this to our review page??

THANKS..

I like that one!
    Suunto... Replacing Luck!

Re: Suunto N3 Review

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_C View Post
    Very cool... do you mind if I move a copy of this to our review page??

THANKS..

I like that one!
    go for it

Thread Information