Trusty, crusty Suunto Vector - long term review
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By ekuck
  • 1 Post By ekuck

Thread: Trusty, crusty Suunto Vector - long term review

Trusty, crusty Suunto Vector - long term review

Hi Guys and Happy New Year!
    I know that the Vector has been reviewed ad nauseum and there's not much to add here. Except that this watch is simply great!

Name:  Vector.jpg
Views: 1335
Size:  187.0 KB

This is always my go-to watch when I'm outdoors whether for recreation or work over the years. I was out snowblowing and shoveling this morning and decided to snap this shot as I was finishing up.

I set altitude, checked the compass, etc before heading out to give a baseline to measure against. My main reason for this was to check out the colder temperature operations. It was about 4 degrees F when I started out with a wind chill of about -15 degrees or less depending upon the wind gusts.

This shot is of the watch as it was defrosted a bit. A few times after wind shifts, the watch and I were crusted up pretty well with ice but no problems were observed. Periodically I would check the compass bearings, altitude and temp and, as expected, all was working perfectly. There was no fluctuation in the altitude when checked halfway through and then right as I finished up. We were at 1410 feet above sea level when I started and, apparently, we still are!

The compass, which is the main reason I wear this watch was, is and probably always will be spot on. When I'm out hiking, I always use this as a "second opinion" to my main compass and it's always good to go. This Suunto has served me well through less than hospitable conditions (as have all of them over the years) and I'm quite happy with the reliability and accuracy.

Most write-ups are of brand new watches that perform great out of the box straight from the factory. This is an old, dinged up, scraped beater of a watch that owes me nothing or probably it's prior owners either. I've bought and sold this same watch over the years, but this particular one sort of "speaks" to me. It's seen it's better days, but I'm sure it also has many more years of service left in it.
    Jeff_C and Ottovonn like this.

Re: Trusty, crusty Suunto Vector - long term review

I have a few old Suuntos.... mine work like yours. Always reliable! Always ready for adventure!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    Suunto... Replacing Luck!

Wore mine on about 200 skydives. Still working great.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Agreed! One of the things that I really like about this particular model is that the backlight doesn't light up the whole room (like, say, some of my non-solar G Shocks). Much easier on the eyes and adapting back to darkness afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_C View Post
    I have a few old Suuntos.... mine work like yours. Always reliable! Always ready for adventure!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    Jeff_C likes this.

Glad to hear it! Here's hoping your Vector will work great for another 200 jumps!

Thread Information