2 week old watch - moisture under the crystal - Page 4
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: 2 week old watch - moisture under the crystal

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Re: 2 week old watch - moisture under the crystal

Quote Originally Posted by Dogbert_is_fat View Post
    Any recurrence of the issue after being fixed?
    It took a LONG time to get the issue addressed in the US. I had the GMT for 6 weeks and it was running about +12 seconds each day. Being COSC I sent the watch in and it was 4 months before I got the GMT back. When it came back I had for two days and it seemed to be running at about +1 second a day, but then I went for a swim. Totally flooding. Like not a bit of moisture, but like the crown wasn't done up (it was of course)

Sent it back again and it was another 6 weeks. I asked for a movement change and the repairer in NY said they could "salvage the moment" and it didn't need to be replaced. I was skeptical but BALL backed their call.

Got the watch back and once again it was running +14 seconds. So by this time I'm now in London and have also just gotten my Skindiver Heritage and it's gotten a little damp inside as well. So take them both to Swistec who are the local repairer who were FANTASTIC. They looked at the GMT and said it was still wet inside and DID change the whole movement out. And they fixed adjusted the time to COSC spec. And they fixed the Skindiver, all inside of a week.

I complained to Ball direct and they offered to send me a rubber strap and reset my warranty from when I got it back as if it was new (3 years) which considering it had been more than 12 months since ordering the watch in the first place seemed OK.

Ball themselves have been reasonable when pressed. I think it's the dealers locally that make it complicated, other than the BALL watch having the issue in the first place of course.

JB
    trappster and ancap95 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by trappster View Post
    Quick update - the dealer that I purchased the watch from, Gnomon has not gotten back to me since their first response a week ago saying they'd contact Ball.

I contacted Ball directly who then stated that Gnomon is NOT an AD, despite both Gnomon's and Ball's website clearly stating that they are an Authorized dealer.

I've sent strongly worded emails to both Ball and Gnomon stating that they have until the end of the day to rectify this before I pursue resolution through my own means of the defective watch by going through my credit card.
    This is total bs. It’s on their website and they deny that they are an AD? Well, not a surprise because they list an AD in my area that has stopped selling Ball Watches for over a year now.

Since it’s warranty, is there not an option to use a service centre much closer to you in the US than Gnomon in the other side of the world?
    ancap95 likes this.

This is total bs. It’s on their website and they deny that they are an AD? Well, not a surprise because they list an AD in my area that has stopped selling Ball Watches for over a year now.

Since it’s warranty, is there not an option to use a service centre much closer to you in the US than Gnomon in the other side of the world?
    After sending my strongly worded email, Gnomon replied stating they'd replace the watch with a new one. Still waiting for shipping info to send this defective one back. We'll see how long it takes to get the new watch...

So far, less than thrilled with Ball's QC and customer service.
    Dogbert_is_fat and ancap95 like this.
    OMEGA Speedmaster Pro Moonwatch 3572.50
    Defective Ball Engineer Master II Marvelight, white dial, filled with moisture
    Zeppelin LZ129 7060-4

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

After sending my strongly worded email, Gnomon replied stating they'd replace the watch with a new one. Still waiting for shipping info to send this defective one back. We'll see how long it takes to get the new watch...

So far, less than thrilled with Ball's QC and customer service.
    You’re in luck then.

Hope you get the replacement watch quick.

After sending my strongly worded email, Gnomon replied stating they'd replace the watch with a new one.
    glad to hear you are in the process of getting this resolved properly.

i would demand a replacement. too new to repair.

At least you will hopefully get a new watch out of this, so hang in there.

Ball's Q/C is usually pretty tight. Bummer.

Good luck.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

Any updates @trappster? Got your replacement watch yet?

Any updates @trappster? Got your replacement watch yet?
    Nothing yet. The defective watch was picked up last week, I'll contact gnomon on Friday if I haven't heard anything back by then.
    OMEGA Speedmaster Pro Moonwatch 3572.50
    Defective Ball Engineer Master II Marvelight, white dial, filled with moisture
    Zeppelin LZ129 7060-4

Gnomon will keep their word. I've dealt with them in the past, as have friends of mine, and I've never been let down.
    You're actually better off dealing with Gnomon that Ball. Ball is S L O W .
    Cordially,
    ~Burgs

"I've been up early my whole life, and all that ever did was increase the amount of time during the day that something could go wrong."
    ~ Inspector O

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information