2893 - gmt

Thread: 2893 - gmt

cat

2893 - gmt

Pardon my ignorance, but can one change the 2nd time zone of a 2893 movement at any time?

I understand that it is not advisable to change the date between 10pm and 2am, as damage can be done to the movement. Is this also the case when changing the 2nd time zone on a 2893?

Re: 2893 - gmt

good question, as it is the reverse function of the crown in the date changing position. to be safe, i have always avoided it dyring those hours.

Quote Originally Posted by cat View Post
    Pardon my ignorance, but can one change the 2nd time zone of a 2893 movement at any time?

I understand that it is not advisable to change the date between 10pm and 2am, as damage can be done to the movement. Is this also the case when changing the 2nd time zone on a 2893?
    Last edited by scottw44; December 30th, 2008 at 22:04.
    kind regards,

scott

vintage and obscure watch lover

Re: 2893 - gmt

I wondered about that too. I have a Ball running a 2893-2 and to be honest don't know what the correct method would be - set date first then GMT or vice versa. Is this information in the owner's manual that I never read? This is mine...I played around with it to test out whether or not it makes a difference and I found out something I didn't notice before, which is if the crown is not pulled out halfway to its 'sweet spot' and if you tried to set the GMT function, clicking the GMT hours over will cause the hour hand to slightly 'hiccup' (for lack of a better word) for every hour that you set the GMT. You'll need to miss this position 2 (instant date / GMT setting) by a bit to see this phenomenon but it can happen. Anybody else experience this?

Worse comes to worst, I can turn the bloody thing over and do some simple subtraction/addition from the legend on the caseback. Now if I can only locate Noumea on the map... Best, Lewis

Thread Information