38mm case other than the Arabic

Thread: 38mm case other than the Arabic

38mm case other than the Arabic

Hello all. I've been a Ball fan for quite a while and have a Fireman Racer in 40mm that I'm about to sell. In place of that, it would be nice to get a Ball with a 38mm case. The Arabic is 38mm but I'm not a fan of the numbers. Any ideas on other models? Maybe new old stock or pre-owned for sale?

Thanks!

Ball Watch, Bremont and Longines moderator samanator's Avatar

Re: 38mm case other than the Arabic

The TM Streamliner about completes the list. You might try the EHC MidSize Ceramic that is a 36 but will wear bigger because of the crown guard. Train Masters tend to wear smaller so a 41 there may seem smaller than your Racer.
    Michael
    BALL Watch, Bremont and Longines Moderator

My wife buys dogs and I buy watches and to date I have never stepped in watch poop!

Thanks samanator. It's a shame that Ball doesn't have many offerings in the mid-size range. Great watches but a bit on the big side. Oh well, maybe I'll stumble across a 38mm Ohio one of these days (now that is a great looking watch!).

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I've seen a few older, 38mm Trainmasters floating around the Net. Shame they don't make them in those sizes anymore - I sold a 41mm 60 Seconds after a few months because it was simply too large (the lugs were nearly protruding from the sides of my wrist), and bought a 38mm Engineer Arabic which, incidentally, seems at least 10 years old. I haven't seen a 38mm 60 Seconds since, but should one with a white dial appear, I'd snatch it up in an instant.

Quote Originally Posted by samanator View Post
    The TM Streamliner about completes the list. You might try the EHC MidSize Ceramic that is a 36 but will wear bigger because of the crown guard. Train Masters tend to wear smaller so a 41 there may seem smaller than your Racer.
    The Midsize ceramic is also quite tall for its width.

Thread Information